It would seem my first post on this topic got locked for reasons I can't get an explanation for so I thought I would try again.

For those who read the first one, please try to drop any preconceived notions.

Where I live I cannot legally carry a firearm. Wisconsin has no provision for concealed carry and open carry while technically legal results in a disturbing the peace fine.

The knife carry laws in my state are written so vaguely that county prosecutors are free to make their owns laws. I have a nephew who committed a crime where he used a swiss army knife to open the locked doors of a coin operated laundry mat and then used the same tool to open the change dispenser. He wasn't charged with robbery, but armed robbery due to having the swiss army knife. He was 18, first offense and got 10 years in prison.

It is illegal to do any kind of trapping in my state unless one has taken a course offered only in select areas that for many require lengthy travel. With the course completion the laws are written in such a way that only commercial gear can be used. It is not at all clear if a simple snare trap using string or paracord are legal. Even using a hav-a-heart trap to live trap and release garden pests are not legal under the law though such things would rarely be enforced.

I could go on, but it seems to me we have a lot of laws on the books that are not at all friendly to those who would like to be prepared for survival situations and try to get some actual hands on practice before the skills are actually necessary.

What do you think?