Originally Posted By: JohnN
Originally Posted By: KenK
Though I much prefer using headlamps

The Zebralight H30-Q5 and H60 are pretty sweet headlamps. I'm totally addicted to my H30. The only real downside I see is that the button can get activated accidentally when in your bag.

-john

OK, someone keep me away from the "post" button!

Thanks for the tip on the zebralight, the H30 seems like my ideal headlamp for backpacking. I've been looking to replace my Princeton Tec quad, which eats batteries, and turns on easily in my pack. This addresses those issues and uses the same batteries as my Fenix.

On a side note, for those looking for a cheaper AA flashlight, I can't praise the Streamlight Propolymer Luxeon highly enough. The batteries last a long time, fully regulated, and the optics are the best I've ever seen. The focus makes it seem far brighter than it technically is, and it compares surprisingly well with my Fenix on hight at 215 lumens! It's waterproof and has taken quite a beating. I've used lithium cells in it with no problem. It costs about $30 at brightguy.com The LED is a couple years old, not the latest high tec Cree, but this is a fantastic, high quality light.