> I want something a family of 5 can sleep in to use for an occasional camping
> trip as well as a disaster tent.

I'd suggest considering the North Face Trailhead 6 (or 8):
http://www.thenorthface.com/catalog/tnf-catalog-master/trailhead-6.html?parent_category_rn=

Louise and I camped in ours at Burning Man, and it withstood winds in the 20 to 30 mph range with no problems. It has standing headroom in the large center section, and two lower sections on either side for sleeping. The sleeping sections have drop down curtains for visual privacy.

It says it's a 3-season tent, but that depends on the weather. The fly has vents that will not close, and the tent has large mesh areas that don't close. There's no way to close the tent off for warmth if it's cold at night. Again, though, what's too cold is relative. Louise and I camp in Death Valley on Thanksgiving occasionally, and it's below 20 at night, so we don't use that tent. (We have an MSR Wind 4 that I don't think is made anymore; before that an Armadillo that isn't made anymore. Sigh.)

I think the Trailhead 6 will work for us as a disaster tent (that's my primary purpose for it), but we're two people. I don't know what it would do for you with three kids. Louise and I car camp, so when we buy a tent we go in the 6 to 8 person range (depending on the design of the tent) because we don't worry about weight, we do worry about having access to our stuff in the tent, we want standing headroom, and we assume it'll rain and that we'll be in the tent for extended periods. We haven't had it rain on the Trailhead 6 yet, but it meets our other requirements.

NOTE: Because of the vents, the Trailhead 6 is _not_ dustproof. If you are in a location that gets dust storms, don't get this tent. It was unusable after dust storms at Burning Man.