In addition to what has been mentioned above, I feel an important component that should be included in your list (2.5) is a Get Home Bag (GHB). My GHB resides in my vehicle, and is comprehensive enough to allow me to hike home safely and comfortably from the office (~12 miles), shopping mall, wherever. It features a small solo bivvy tent as well as a Thermo-Lite Emergency Bivy Sack in case I need to spend a night outside, versus the full size two-person tent and sleeping bag that is in my BoB.

I also have a titanium cup and small gas stove for cooking/water purification, 3 liters of water, several high protein energy bars, some beef jerky, coffee/tea, rain gear, a PFAK, and a bunch of other useful items. My GHB is essentially a small version of my BoB.

Originally Posted By: Troglodyte007
I will continue to attempt to make a PSK such as the one you describe, and it won't be on my PSB. When I succeed, then it will be part of my EDC.

You would be hard pressed to put together a more comprehensive yet compact kit than Doug's Pocket Survival Pak. I have several, and include one as the basis of each of my main kits (GHB, BoB, and INCH) as well as one that is always in a pocket when I'm in the wilderness.

Jim