Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#156012 - 11/22/08 05:26 PM New Toy Time!
MDinana Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Beer&Cheese country
So, in a burst of fun/good news, I just found that I'll be spending the month of April in Alaska! Yup, working in a medical clinic, flying to one of the 56 villages served by the clinic. While in town, I do have a place to stay, but I've been told to bring a sleeping bag for flights out of town. There's also the potential for medivac flights.

So, I'm using this as an excuse to make a shopping list on stuff to bring... or maybe buy smile

I'll probably bring 2 knives - I'm thinking a 5" kabar and my Benchmade Mini Grip. I wonder, though, if a full size DR Grip would be a worthwile purchase instead of the Mini Grip?

I have a 20 degree down sleeping bag. Anyone know of a good, preferably fairly inexpensive, bivy that can be used? I have a surplus military one, but it's no longer waterproof... rendering it of little use.

Flashlights. I'm thinking of bringing some AA based lights. Probably will bring a couple, so I'm covered there. I'll bring lithium batteries most likely.

The temp is supposed to be in the 20s during that time. Given that my snow boots are only about 6" high, would gaiters be a good idea? Any recommended brands?

Anything else I'm missing? I'll probably have a small PSK on me, in addition to my EDC pocket knife (the Grip, or DR Grip) and flashlight, at all times. Not sure if I'm allowed "stuff" on the flights, but probably will build something fanny-pack sized to keep nearby if I am. Of course it'll be for review in a few months.

Thanks!

#156016 - 11/22/08 05:35 PM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: MDinana]
TheSock Offline
Addict

Loc: London England
If by 'buy' you mean in alaska. Don't. Prices are higher there.
The Sock

#156018 - 11/22/08 05:43 PM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: MDinana]
Desperado Offline
Veteran

Loc: DFW, Texas
Just remember "Travel light, freeze at night". I don't think TSA will be checking the bush planes. I would make darn sure you are prep'd with everything you can get away with. It is a LLOOONNNGGG way to anywhere if you must make an unplanned landing.

Above my normal carry would be SAT phone and PLB with GPS if finances allow.

RIP OBG

#156019 - 11/22/08 05:43 PM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: MDinana]
JohnN Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Seattle, WA
Originally Posted By: MDinana
I wonder, though, if a full size DR Grip would be a worthwile purchase instead of the Mini Grip?

I have a DR Mini Grip and an full sized DR Grip.

For a long time I carried the Mini Grip.

On a whim, I carried the full sized Grip for a while.

Once I got used to it, I couldn't go back. I never carry my Mini Grip (or small Sebbie for that matter). They are relegated to back-up status.

I say... full sized.

-john

#156025 - 11/22/08 06:07 PM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: JohnN]
JohnN Offline
Old Hand

FWIW, I was born in SE Alaska, although lived in central AK for a bit and in Kodiak for a little bit.

In Alaska, survival is pretty much about hypothermia and getting found.

1) Clothes are very important. You want to stay warm and dry. You want to consider not only how to stay warm normally, but how to get warm if you get wet.

1b) In some areas like the southeast (where I'm from) it rains A LOT. Staying dry is difficult, esp. in the bush. This makes #1 even more important. (witness my diatribe about waterproofing)

2) Related to number 1 is the ability to make fire. I'm not sure where you are going, but in some areas fuel is non-existent, and some areas plentiful, but potentially wet.

3) Alaska is BIG. If you go down in a plane, or are in a boat that capsizes, being found is a BIG problem. This land is the poster child for the PLB. Get one.

Of course, GPS is a good idea too. Cell phone is useless in the bush. If you really want communication, you need sat phone. If you are near the coast, boats use VHF heavily, so that is potentially an option, although medium range with line of sight. The upside is with mountains, typically you can get high enough to see water if near the coast.

In regard to planes, it depends. Commercial flights are the same as anywhere else in the US, and you'll have to check most things as luggage.

Bush planes on the other hand typically let you carry whatever you want. Consider most people getting into a bush plane are probably wearing a revolver and have a long arm in their pile of gear.

No idea about medivac flights. You'll have to check with the company.

-john

Edited by JohnN (11/22/08 06:36 PM)

#156029 - 11/22/08 06:19 PM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: MDinana]
JohnN Offline
Old Hand

The temp is supposed to be in the 20s during that time. Given that my snow boots are only about 6" high, would gaiters be a good idea? Any recommended brands?

Sounds like you are going to be farther north than I'm used to, so can't say if gators are a good idea for the area or not.

In the SE, gators help keep your feet dry and are thus a good idea when out in the bush.

That said, if you take a boat or plane to a village, you basically are not going to be 'backpacking', and so gators are just going to get in the way.

I guess, in general, I'd say even in the northern part, you are likely going to fly in, and then either go do your job, probably in a clinic. Around town, my guess is they'll have paths even if the snow is high, so my guess is most of the time you won't need gators.

OTOH, might not be bad to have in your pack in case something goes wrong, or if you just are doing some R&R hiking.

I like the Outdoor Research gaiters. The ones I have from them are heavy duty Cordura to shrug off pretty much anything.

Their hats are great too.

-john

#156031 - 11/22/08 06:26 PM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: ]
JohnN Offline
Old Hand

Originally Posted By: Smash
Your sleeping bag need not be waterproof. If you want to save from buying a whole new bag then consider using a goretex bivy sac over the sleeping bag. That's what I use. Keeps the sleeping bag dry and still breathes to allow moisture out.

The only exception I might point out is the southeast area where water is really a big concern. In those cases, 1) you really want to try to keep your bag dry, and 2) avoid down! You want something that you have a chance to dry out without a dryer and doesn't totally lose all its value if wet.

Oh, and if you plan on camping, you need a pad to keep you off the ground.

-john

Edited by JohnN (11/22/08 06:27 PM)

#156032 - 11/22/08 06:42 PM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: JohnN]
MDinana Offline
Pooh-Bah

Guess I should specify some things more! I'll be in the town of Bethel. http://www.mapsofworld.com/location-maps/newimages/usa-bethel-ak.jpg

Apparently on the SW side of the state. I hear the closest road is several hundred miles away. And, no, I plan on flying everything in with me, not purchasing in AK. So, yeah, TSA needs to be remembered.

I figure I'll be in town mostly, with a few flights. Since I'm not the pilot, I figure having survival stuff for myself, figuring that he'll have his own gear. A PLB is a good idea - I wonder if the bush planes/medivacs will have a locator beacon? I'll look into a sat phone too.

Smash, where would I get "anti contact" gloves? Sounds like a good idea. As would a multi-tool, which I didn't think of (since I never use one normally, or camping).

JohnN - I hear what you're saying about down, hence the concern about a bivy. When I head back to my parents this Xmas, I'll see if my camping gear from 20 years ago is still any good. I might still have access to a synthetic bag.

Thanks so far folks!

#156034 - 11/22/08 07:08 PM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: MDinana]
Desperado Offline
Veteran

So, yeah, TSA needs to be remembered.

I figure I'll be in town mostly, with a few flights. Since I'm not the pilot, I figure having survival stuff for myself, figuring that he'll have his own gear. A PLB is a good idea - I wonder if the bush planes/medivacs will have a locator beacon? I'll look into a sat phone too.

Do you really want to rely on someone else for your safety?
You can send firearms as checked luggage, but there are requirements.

I really am staying away from obvious, because that can become specific to each area of AK and relies on area experience.

Second time thru for my suggestions: GPS, PLB, SAT PHONE, (last two can be rented I think).

CAMERA!!! nothing to do with survival, but you want to remember this chance of a lifetime right?

Edited by Desperado (11/22/08 07:09 PM)

RIP OBG

#156035 - 11/22/08 07:19 PM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: MDinana]
Jeff_M Offline
Addict

Loc: Northwest Florida
For sharps and other iffy stuff, buy online. Deliver to your destination. Mail home Parcel Post. More expensive, but no TSA hassle.

Carrying on Medivac flights should be no problem, if you are acting in your medical capacity. Carry your credentials and orders, employment contract, or whatever. The local carriers, if really small and local bush pilots, should be cool with your kit. But keep all the iffy stuff bundled together in case they need to load it separately in the cockpit or something. Fuels and other flamey stuff is likely to more of a problem than pointy stuff.

IIRC, you are military-associated. Can you beg or borrow the "military sleep system" from any of your connections? It has an inner and outer bag, as well as a Gore-Tex bivy. It will keep you plenty warm and dry.

You are welcome to borrow my Gore-Tex bivy for the month, if you need it, for shipping costs.

I've been extremely pleased with my Fenix AA flashlights. Bring all the batteries you can.

Don't forget to bring some small thank you gifts.

Do you want a medic with 30 years experience, including austere medicine, to tag along?

Jeff

#156038 - 11/22/08 07:30 PM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: MDinana]
Andy Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: SE PA
I believe its required by law in AK that private (bush) pilots carry survival gear which includes a firearm, If you look at the Best Glide Aviation website they list the essential pilot gear.

If you're flying in helos and for the state you may also be asked to take helo water evacuation training. They put you in a pretend helo seat and dunk you upside down in a pool.

Don't forget that in March you'll not have a lot of daylight.

Enjoy your stay, it's a beautiful place.

#156046 - 11/22/08 08:58 PM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: ]
JohnN Offline
Old Hand

I like this style of really thin, kinda stretchy synthetic gloves to be used as under-gloves / glove liners.

The downside is they don't have the non-slip stuff on them, the upside is they don't have the non-slip stuff on them, plus they are not cotton and thus dry quickly.

Sometimes the non-slip stuff can get in the way. Hard to put on an outer glove on over them. On the other hand, they can be slippery w/o the non-slip stuff.

These are cheap and take up almost no space so I tend to keep a pair in my coat pocket in the winter time.

Also note that these thin gloves work well under a slightly loose Nitrile exam glove. I find this is very nice to combat working in wet, cold situations. The Nitrile is totally waterproof, and the thin gloves give a bit of warmth and you still retain high dexterity.

The thin gloves are also nice just being out when it is cold out to take the edge off.

I do like the Nitrile coated knit gloves too. My favorite is Nitrile coated Kevlar.

They are light, grippy, comfortable, they breath and are cut and fire resistant.

I always carry some in my bag.

-john

#156051 - 11/22/08 11:08 PM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: Andy]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
It is, I believe, a 1949 state law that required all aircraft that carry less than 15 people to have survival gear, including a firearm and ammo. But small aircraft can only carry so much weight, so I suspect that the required survival gear would be minimal.

Re the temps, I just checked Weather Underground for Bethel last April 22nd. High temp 41, low 35, zero precip. A twenty degree bag should work just fine there. Link ...

#156058 - 11/22/08 11:50 PM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: MDinana]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
Headlamp, rather than just a flashlight. And find out if you will have a normal pilot- if you will, get in touch with them, and the site contacts. Ask them what you should bring, if you haven't already. Local guides are always worth checking with. :P

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#156060 - 11/23/08 12:13 AM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: ironraven]
SwampDonkey Offline
Veteran

Loc: Northeastern Ontario, Canada
Sounds like a terrific adventure MDinana,

I agree with Ironraven on the headlamp, I use mine more often now than my hand-held light.

It is important to carry some survival gear on your person when flying as you may have to escape from a rapidly sinking or burning aircraft. On the main "Doug Ritter ETS" site there is lots of information on what to carry on-your-person and in your pack on a light aircraft. Very good information.

I often fly in contract or government-owned light aircraft and always carry a mini-PSK kit with me even though I know there is a good kit on the plane.

There are minimum kits required by law when flying remotely in Alaska, Doug Ritter listed it here .

Good luck and be sure to post some pictures when you get back!

Mike

Edited by Doug_Ritter (11/23/08 01:06 AM)
Edit Reason: link fixed

#156061 - 11/23/08 12:32 AM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: SwampDonkey]
KenK Offline
"Be Prepared"
Pooh-Bah

Loc: NE Wisconsin
+1 on the headlamp. They are so much more convenient than a hand-held light.

Research whether the one you are buying can use lithium batteries. As I recall the Petzls say they can't, but the Princeton Tec can.

#156065 - 11/23/08 12:54 AM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: KenK]
SwampDonkey Offline
Veteran

Loc: Northeastern Ontario, Canada
Ken is correct, my Petzi cannot use lithium batteries.

Mike

#156066 - 11/23/08 01:08 AM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: OldBaldGuy
It is, I believe, a 1949 state law that required all aircraft that carry less than 15 people to have survival gear, including a firearm and ammo.

No longer required, though I'd say the majority of bush pilots still do. See: http://www.equipped.org/ak_cnda.htm
Chairman & Executive Director
Equipped To Survive Foundation
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#156067 - 11/23/08 01:14 AM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: SwampDonkey]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: SwampDonkey
There are minimum kits required by law when flying remotely in Alaska, Doug Ritter listed it here .

Worth noting is that, 1. not everyone follows the law and 2. the quality of the survival gear carried can vary widely. 3. The list isn't all inclusive, by any means.

Remember, if it's not with you, it can't save you(tm). carry essential survival gear on your person.

Having said that, note that govt., medical and similar mission aircraft in Alaska often have both good, professionally cared for survival gear and training requirements. But, it varies widely and it isn't a substitute for being personally prepared.
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#156070 - 11/23/08 01:21 AM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: KenK]
Desperado Offline
Veteran

Take a look at these gloves . Found out about them on this forum and they work great.
Allows one to maintain dexterity, highly cut resistant (I just really tested them by mistake, and no blood) and inexpensive. I got mine at Northern Tool and Equipment.

As to helpers, I could be lured away. No experience (legally) in medicine except combat lifesaver course 15 years ago. (you really don't want me to handle the IV's) However, I carry stuff real well, and I promise to not just be self loading luggage.

And if something needs shot, I know I can do that.

RIP OBG

#156073 - 11/23/08 01:55 AM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: KenK]
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

www.bethelak.com

For dry powder snow a traditional pair of mucluks are superb. Stegners in Minnesota make outstanding ones.You can roll them up, they have no left or right and are supremely comfortable. buy them a few sizes to big and fill with a felt liner and quality wool socks and liners.

For Cultural survival, be aware that Alaska, though not unique, sees alcoholism as it's #1 social malady.Some of those outlying villages may be very traditional with no alchohol rules and others a page out of the gold rush.
Russian orthodoxy is the mother church of Alaska. if, in the course of treatment you need to remove a cross; ASK the patient to do it, and if unconscious keep it nearby.If there is a local church say hello to the archimandrite (head priest) and attend a service if possible. It will be, by ROA rules in the local language. In Alaska this can be english, russian or native alaskan. A well worth cultural experience and it opens lots of doors.

#156097 - 11/23/08 04:07 AM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: Chris Kavanaugh]
MDinana Offline
Pooh-Bah

Thanks for the advice everyone, esp. Chris w/ regards to cultural sensitivity. As this trip nears, I plan on asking about specific requirements. My survival kit, I'm thinking, I'll probably put in a County Comm EOD bag. In addition to a small amount of stuff in a pocket.

I'm also honored that DR has replied to this thread! I think it might be the first topic I've written where our mythical idol has graced me with his input.

A headlamp is a great idea; I have one, and I'll be sure to pack it. Probably still bring a handheld, to backstop it.

A camera is definetely on the list, as is my 4GB card. If I have access online in town, I'm thinking of doing a daily journal for family to check. If I can do that, I'll post the link on ETS before I run off.

Jeff, I appreciate the offer to borrow your bivy. I'll keep my eyes peeled around here, and if need be, will contact you later regarding it. Your memory serves, in that yes, I'm military - but not active duty just yet. So all the contacts I have are either on a ship, or still in school. As for if you can come, well, I DO have the option of bringing a "significant other." But let's not go there! If you're interested more, PM me and I can tell you more about the program. Good call also on shipping stuff to myself.

Smash, sounds like the AC gloves are liners with rubber nubbins. I have a few liners already, but will look into the kind with the rubber, as mine are either wool (the US surplus military style) or cotton. Thanks to the others who have linked various styles - I'll be checking them out soon. Especially John, for reminding me that I may need something if I'm treating patients out of a building!

In a few days I'll put together a prototype PSK and post some pics on here for feedback. Probably have to raid my camping gear for it, but hey, better to get things together now and realize what I'm missing.

#156124 - 11/23/08 02:58 PM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: Doug_Ritter]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

I bow to the master...

#156127 - 11/23/08 03:23 PM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

'Mythical Master?' Chia pets of a smiling Doug will be available through aeromedix shortly.

#156133 - 11/23/08 03:43 PM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: Chris Kavanaugh]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

"...Chia pets of a smiling Doug will be available through aeromedix shortly..."

And just in time for Christmas! I can see the TV ad now...
"Not Sold in Stores!"...

#156138 - 11/23/08 03:59 PM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: MDinana]
Leigh_Ratcliffe Offline
Veteran

Loc: United Kingdom.
For a belt knife think very carefully about a Fallkniven F1. Developed for the Swedish Air Force. Those chaps know a thing or two about cold weather survival.

Ferrocenium rod.

Zippo lighter. You will have to keep it topped up, but it has certain advantages in a cold weather enviroment. Like it won't freeze up on you and is easy to use with gloves on.

I have used lithium batteries in my Petzle head torch. With no adverse effects. Only thing to remember is that lithium batteries give very little warning before they quite. Buy a head torch that allows you to put the battery pack inside your clothing.

#156139 - 11/23/08 03:59 PM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: ]
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Springtime in Alaska- anyone mention DEET? I walked outside once after the filipino barber gave me a pre dress inspection haircut with some fancy, sweet smelling hair tonic rubbed in. By the time I reached my barracks my red hair was black. My comb removed hundreds of no see ums.

Edited by Chris Kavanaugh (11/23/08 04:00 PM)

#156143 - 11/23/08 04:50 PM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: MDinana]
ohiohiker Offline
found in the wilderness
Journeyman

Loc: Ohio
I've never been to Alaska, but here are thoughts from my lower 48 winter camping experience....

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/USAK0028?from=search

Average High: 33 F
Average Low: 18 F

I'd probably want a 0-10 F bag, even assuming I'm wearing much of my clothing. Plus, there's the psychological effect of Alaska just sounding cold! smile

Are your snow boots waterproof up to the ankle? There's bound to be some slushy snow and standing water and mud. Maybe a pair of rubber overboots would be a good idea--lightweight, and you can use your existing boots or shoes.

Water-repellant gaiters sound like a good idea to keep snow out.

I'd want thin polypropylene glove liners to wick away moisture, but that might reduce fine dexterity some compared to the contact gloves. A pair with the thumb and forefinger tips cut off might be helpful.

Edited by ohiohiker (11/23/08 04:51 PM)

#156145 - 11/23/08 05:02 PM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: ohiohiker]
Chris Kavanaugh Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I flew into Kodiak on Wein Airlines. I'll never forget this girl walking down the aisle in a parka, muckluks and @ 3' of nylon legs in between and a miniskirt underneath.
Right behind her came the stewardess carrying a SAKO .375 for the onboard gun locker.
Things have changed a little, but you can still spot a 'cheechako' by the equipment list longer than Farley Mowat's in NEVER CRY WOLF.

#156147 - 11/23/08 05:11 PM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: Chris Kavanaugh]
Desperado Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Chris Kavanaugh
Springtime in Alaska- anyone mention DEET? I walked outside once after the filipino barber gave me a pre dress inspection haircut with some fancy, sweet smelling hair tonic rubbed in. By the time I reached my barracks my red hair was black. My comb removed hundreds of no see ums.

Ahhh, the simple things. Amazing how we forget the simple things that come back to "bite" us.

RIP OBG

#156163 - 11/23/08 10:39 PM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: MDinana]
norhumco Offline

Loc: Penngrove, CA
Mesquito net, good rain gear, a camera

#156164 - 11/23/08 10:43 PM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: norhumco]
MDinana Offline
Pooh-Bah

Yeah, a mosquito net and DEET I totally blanked on. Probably figured it'd too cold, but hey, it might thaw early. Thanks!

Look forward to Chia Doug. Does it come with an ETS hat too?

#156178 - 11/24/08 12:58 AM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: MDinana]
Andy Offline
Enthusiast

Good call also on shipping stuff to myself.

Best value for sending packages to AK is flat rate Priority Mail boxes from the USPS. I've been sending packages to SE Alaska for a couple of years this way. Average delivery time from the east coast is 4-5 days.

Also, I noted in a previous reply that you were going to be there in March, my mistake. In April the days are a bit longer. Here's a link to sunrise/sunset calculator from the US Naval Observatory.

#156186 - 11/24/08 02:55 AM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: Andy]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

"...rate Priority Mail boxes from the USPS...Average delivery time from the east coast is 4-5 days..."

It can be well under 4-5 days. Couple of years ago we were driving all over Alaska, had our mail forwarded to us from time to time. We once had one of those boxes make it from Podunk, CA to Podunk, AK in TWO days!!!

#156196 - 11/24/08 11:48 AM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: OldBaldGuy]
MDinana Offline
Pooh-Bah

That's pretty impressive shipping!

How far is Podunk from a "main" city? I'm just curious if mail is still delivered daily, or is it a once-weekly thing, out in the smaller towns?

I'll plan on mailing stuff to myself, probably to the clinic, about 2 weeks early. Hopefully that'll allow for winter weather.

#156204 - 11/24/08 01:36 PM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: MDinana]
Doug_Ritter Offline

Pooh-Bah

I'll plan on mailing stuff to myself, probably to the clinic, about 2 weeks early. Hopefully that'll allow for winter weather.

Just a warning that the USPS has a whole host of strange and often illogical restrictions on what can be mailed. Make sure you review the restrictions before trying to ship via them and/or be very careful how you answer any questions from the mail clerk.

OTOH, that may just be a myth...
CHIA Pet Doug
www.KnifeRights.org
www.DougRitter.com

#156215 - 11/24/08 02:57 PM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: Doug_Ritter]
Andy Offline
Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Doug_Ritter

Just a warning that the USPS has a whole host of strange and often illogical restrictions on what can be mailed. Make sure you review the restrictions before trying to ship via them and/or be very careful how you answer any questions from the mail clerk.

OTOH, that may just be a myth...
CHIA Pet Doug

They don't want you to mail things that can go 'bang' or send flames shooting thru the mail bag (Blast, take note). Check the USPS web site. You can't ship firearms unless you have a federal gun dealer permit. Gun parts, however, are a different story... In my kid's small town in SE AK there are no roads to other towns so everything comes in by boat or plane. Most folks have PO boxes in this town as it has no letter carriers or rural delivery. So if you want to mail stuff be sure to ask if your sponsoring organization will allow you to send mail to their PO Box. In my kid's case I send mail to her employer's box.

#156218 - 11/24/08 03:34 PM Re: New Toy Time! [Re: MDinana]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Shipped from Mariposa, CA, 45 miles from Merced, stuff from there I believe goes to Stockton then on. Recieved, if I recall correctly, in Houston, AK, which is 'bout 18 miles north of Wasilla, which is 45 or so from Anchorage...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 521 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Use of mirror, helicopter pilot notices
by Phaedrus
10/03/24 05:15 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
10/01/24 12:34 AM
The price of gold
by brandtb
09/27/24 07:40 PM
Hurricane/Tropical Depression Francine Cometh
by wildman800
09/11/24 05:58 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.