I dunno, while I was in Central Florida it seemed there was never enough timely and accurate info coming out of the local tv stations. About the time NOAA weather radio was tripping to alert, you'd see the update on the TV, which was usually when the storm was already on top of you. When TS Olga went across the state last Christmas, it was moving too fast for even NOAA radio alerts to keep up, and when it got to Seminole/Volusia County lines, it dropped a funnel with almost no warning, and the only way I knew where and when was the laptop connection. I had been up that morning early and was tracking it from across the state on the TV, but when it turned due west from Eustis, I fired up the laptop and kept a closer eye on it. Fortunately it was on the other side of town from us when the funnel came down, but if we had been in the path, only the laptop feed would've given me any warning, short of hearing the train coming down the tracks so to speak. Other times it seemed like we were getting the flash/bang of an approaching cell, then the TV would send a new, general area warning out, whereas I could keep track of the particular cell on the laptop right up to it encroaching in our neighborhood. You won't get the weatherman's commentary with such near real time feed, but the graphics are usually enough to make your own conclusions, especially after you've been through a few.

TV is better than nothing I reckon, but for watching as close to real time as possible, nothing beats the laptop/blackberry setup short of dedicated feed. There's so much information out there to collect on the net that usually I checked the TV for confirmation of what I already knew.

It also seemed like when Fay came through and dropped a couple small funnels there in Brevard County that the TV was playing catch-up with telling people the tornado was upon them. Of course, in all them trailer courts, all you can do is try and run anways.