Camp Chef makes a special sort of dutch oven called the ultimate oven. Essentially it is pot with a big funnel section in the middle, kinda like a bundt pan, with a vent at the top of the funnel. It also has a removable grate on the bottom, and a rack that fits near the top of the funnel. Using a heat source like a stovetop or a propane grill or even a propane burner, you can bake breads, roast meats, and steam vegetables in it. You don't have to have any top heat like baking with a conventional dutch oven. They also make a larger version they call a turkey roaster, which will handle up to an 18 lb turkey, or the equivalent of any other food type.

I've done similar to what OBG has with a stock pot and a cake, pie, or casserole pan on the stovetop. I place a trivet or sometimes clay or glass cooking beads in the bottom of the stock pot and sit the pan on that, then set the burner to medium/low to medium and check the temp inside. It works pretty good, especially if you are using a gas burner. I don't see why a crockpot won't do just as well.