On a side note, the email that I use on here is a separate address specifically used for "handing out" over the internet or using in situations where the email might be suspect. That way, if I end up having to drop it for any reason, it doesn't really matter.

I also have an old cheap computer that I run a Linux distro on. When I want to check something questionable (say, an email), I'll check it on there. Again, because it runs Linux it isn't usually effected by windows based viruses or issues and since I don't keep anything important on there, it doesn't really matter to me if something does happen.

With email addresses being so simple (and often free) to get as well as old, but functional, computers being so cheap, it's a great way to help avoid viruses and other issues. As well as to increase your security.

First and fore most though, make sure you have multiple secure backups of anything important; digital and on hard copy if possible. Technology likes to fail at the worst possible time. smile