Thanks guys

I don't need the knife for Rambooing purposes, or even for routine chores. I just need it for a backup to rely on in case of bad times. It will be sitting in the BOB.

I do have a foldable shovel in each car, a small knife or two. But emergencies being as unexpected as they are, we don't know what kind of scenario we may find ourselves in. So a multi-purpose "tool" has its appeal.

As a matter of fact, I wanted something that doesn't cry KNIFE !! But rather it should look more like a tool that I can even leave in the trunk of my car and don't worry much about the law.

Having a number of specialized tools ( saw, hatchet, knife ) is the best thing, except that in case I had to abandon the car, a BOB will be "nine-month-pregnant" if I carried all of them plus my other junk. Add to that the political correctness that we have to adhere to in certain cases. A bulging BOB with shovel, an axe ..etc. is a welcome sight in an emergency but before an emegency you will only hear

( shovel, my God ? )
( an AXE , dear Lord ??? )

A knife, even a Rambo knife can hidden in the folds of your clothes inside a BOB if your concern is merely nosy people and not the law.

So, what I am looking for a survival TOOL with straight edge and serrated edge. A tanto - type head is stronger in case of digging or breaking through material, and is also, somthing to dilute the "knifeness" of a knife. It starts to look like a big sharpened chisel.

If there is something like that which is NOT a knife, I will be interested to see it. The less "knifey" it is, the better.