The next door neighbor at the farm got a job working for the village, managing the sanitary land fill. It was nearly his undoing. Initially he started out salvaging building materials, to build himself an office at the land fill. One built, the 10x10 shack needed to be furnished with discarded desk and sofa,heated with 55 gallon drum wood stove and salvaged pallets, decorated with discarded pictures of children with big eyes and black velvet artwork. He found himself spending all his time there, salvaging clothing, food, mechanical items and tools. When his wife complained that she never saw him anymore, he salvaged a trailer and started hauling things back home. Eventually he lined 500 yards of logging road with discarded appliances, small gasoline engines and car parts-the road led to his sawmill, which was powered by a '54 pontiac on blocks, with a drive belt looped around a rear rim...the radio still worked. His wife stopped talking about divorce and started talking about homicide. So he quit. Based upon his experience, I declined the job-I know my limits.