Originally Posted By: molawns
Originally Posted By: CityBoyGoneCountry
Originally Posted By: ironraven
You have a social life, don't you? You have contact with family and friends, right?

No, and no.

I stopped having a social life years ago.

B.S.

Then why do you have 351 posts on this forum? You have contact with other people, whether you can see them face to face, or not. You're not completely alone.

Try going without any contact for a month...out deep in the woods, no computer, no phone, etc.

I bet you'll change your tune, then...if you don't go off the deep end before you make it back.

Some years ago, I lived by myself for the better part of year in a small tent by the river in which the nearest modern conveniences, people and town were approximately six miles around the mountain. The longest I went without any human contact was three weeks and although I was not ready to go off the deep end, I noticed many psychological changes in myself and had a deep need to interact with other people. However once I went and visited in town for a couple of days, I was ready to go back to my solitude but never again did I go for so long without being around any people...I really believe that people need to be with other people if even only for short time frames to help keep their psychological well being in order.