Welcome back as well Blast. We've been through your experience many times in the past being in Florida and when we had our 110 mile per hour winds that were pinning us in the house for a day was the best learning curve (for hurricanes) that I could have got. We get hurricanes so much it seems it's like a normal part of life. I would recommended getting your garage door replaced with a stronger door with hurricane bars or use 2 4X4 posts anchored to the concrete and header on the wall and release the paw on the garage door or the plastic teeth will be shredded. After our 3 back to back storms and me up on the roof (2 story) with a repelling rope anchored between 2 trees re shingling 100 square feet of roof (3X in different places) between 3 storms to keep the integrity of the house made me a much better prepared person. These are the storms that I believe God gives you incite on what you really need and what you don't to survive. Since then we can go quite a while if pinned in as long as the house isn't breached but have back ups to backups if needed. One twister would wipe all that out in a second but we do what we can to survive.

It's nice now a days to have a back generator 12.5 K watts to manage loss of power to keep the freezers charged and 100% power at night for a pleasant night. Since being more prepared we look at the hurricanes as a vacation from work ironically. Bottom line is we live with inherent dangers constantly and survive. I'm glad everything worked out and a lot of people were rooting for you. I'm sure you were the most equipt person around your area, sit back and enjoy. Also we would go to the shopping malls or stores in the day time to get in the AC and save on the generator in the daytime and ran the generator at nights to save on fuel on the 100 gallon gas tank.