Originally Posted By: Grouch
I was thinking of using a battery powered sump pump to overcome this limit. Since the pump would draw power from the battery, I'm thinking that the generator would be able to keep the battery charged in reduced throttle mode. Does this seem logical? If anyone has experience or knowledge about this, I'd be very appreciative of hearing about flaws in the idea of using a battery powered sump pump.

Go with a second pump powered by the fresh water that’s coming into your home (assuming you are hooked up to city water) it will still work when the power is off.

I have my own cleaning company, I have cleaned a lot of flooded basements over the last 28-years. And the water powered pump is the most reliable of all pumps.

One weak point of all pumps is the float, it tends to stick in the down (resting position) I have been on a lot of flood jobs that had a bad pump that only had to be kicked with my foot to get the pump working again. To prevent this, use WD-40 on all moving parts of the float lever. And move the lever up and down by hand a few times about once a month.

You can run, but you'll only die tired.