Did Big Blue win?
That's what I read/heard on the news. Don't know more than that. about the match.

I can say that I once got to see a genuine supercomputer at a NASA facility about eight or ten years ago. Looking through an observation window my impression was that they are computationally impressive but not much to look at.

What I saw was a large but otherwise standard mostly white computer room. A typical raised floor with its distinctive white tiles. And, as I remember it, three rows of four machine blue boxes with very few features. There was one CRT and keyboard at a standard computer work station with a few cables going down into the floor arranged by the door. Each of the big boxes had a couple of blinking lights. Nobody was inside and other than the few blinking LEDs nothing moved or showed any action at all.

For a few hundred dollars you could recreate the scene out of light wood frames, hot glued foam board and paint. A nine volt battery, LED driver IC and a couple of LEDs make the lights.

Kind of like a "Blake's Seven" set. It could have been theatrical props and I wouldn't know the difference.

I doubt you could beat Kasparov with a team of Chess masters. Portions of the game played at grandmaster level have a large component of intuition and gut feeling. This is an aspect that can't be accomplished by a team IMO.

Of course Big Blue plays a different sort of game. It has no intuition or gut feeling. It has no ego and can't be psyched out or intimidated or rattled. It is all brute force computation.