If you trust Consumer Reports, they had his to say recently. I am copying this from the August issue. I am going to quote only relevant parts to avoid potential copyright issues.

Neo spray isn't Neosporin.

"New neo to go first aid spray from the maker of neosporin displays the brand name on its label and promises "infection protection, anytime, anywhere"...

"[Neo spray] ... is neosporin in name only, it does not contain the three antibiotics in the original neosporin ointment... "

"consider [the] single use packets for the same price as the spray. Tuck a tube of neosporin ointment in your purse or backpack..."

"Clean the affected area with soap and water before applying medication, our medical consultants say."

This is only related to your original question, and I respect Consumer Reports as a source of testing and unbiased information.

Blast, I think you would fare better by looking for the names of the three antibiotics on the tube, and searching for those on the internet to see exactly what they were good for. I would be curious to hear what they said.

Edited by clarktx (08/11/08 12:27 PM)