We just recently sort of started over. I prayed to over three years to get a fresh start when we realized that we can't raise kids where we were and couldn't make any more due to finances. I switched from a contract worker to a full time employee with a company I was contracted to and three years, three bonuses, 4 pay raises, one promotion and two kids later we are in a new place. We would drive by where we lice now knowing we could never afford one of those places but the income change, paying off debt, low housing prices and a good offer on our old house made it happen.

I try to keep adventure going. Nearly every weekend we try to go do something, get up sat morning, toss the kids in the truck and hit the road. Pick a state park or something and head there for the day. My son is 2.5 years old now and has been tent camping three times, stayed in a state park lodge twice, rental cabins twice, has been to six states, only one we haven't stayed overnight in (we drive straight through PA, avoid stopping there). Wife sometimes fights me when getting ready to go but afterward brags about our trips.