Hi,<br><br>This is Bagheera (AKA scoutingdebevers) as my previous names couldn't register (login) anymore.<br>I'm using a almost 5.5 foot Ratan staff of about 1.3" diameter that I mounted with a threaded hollow stainless tube with a 6 mm inside thread cut in it (about 1/4" thread) inside diameter glued (epoxied) in the point that touches the ground.<br>I made up a hardened metal tip to screw inside the tube so I have a non-slip very strong metal tipped spike to give me a secure "grip" when I put the staff down.<br><br>I can unscrew that tip with the help of my SwissTool and attach a 3 spiked fishing spearhead also homemade.<br><br>The staffs ratan tipp is also ground to exactly fit inside the hollow handle of a Cold Steel Busman knife.<br>I shaped it in such a way that it has a friction fit and it can be further secured by a piece of paracord or a screw through the hole in the handle of the bushman.<br><br>It makes for an awsome spear, although I can't immagine ver having to use it in the Netherlands wink.<br><br>The handle part of the Ratan staff I made by tightly wrapping 2 mm black nylon rope around it about 25 yards of it that can be used in an emergency situation for all kinds of things. I drilled a wriststrap hole about 3" below the "top" of the Ratan staff and fitted a wristlanyard made of parachutecord but think a little wider leather wristlanyard would offer more comfort.<br>Below the grip area wrapping I wrapped about 8 feet of 2" wide military OD color 100 mile an hour tape this stuff can beused for thousands of things. I was planning to wrap 20 feet of thin stainless fishing leader wire around the staff also that I could use for snares etc. but the problem is keeping it in place.... although I just thought of a way of doing that by wrapping some of the military duct tape around it :)<br><br>Best scouting wishes from Holland,<br><br>Bagheera<br><br><br>