Originally Posted By: thseng
Uh, Blast, that page says that the universe appears to be fine-tuned, almost, shall we say, designed by someone?

I think we have a name for that someone.

Anyone?

Anyone?

There are other explanations for "fine-tuning" than God.

Let's continue down the path of the universe being a "dream": in a dream, everything makes perfect sense. One of mine once ended with Lenin singing the International on top of a wreck pile and I thought it was the most natural thing for him to do.

Okay, bad example. That actually does make metaphorical sense.

Still, dreams follow their own, subjective logic. They are governed by laws perfectly fitting to advance the dream's "plot". Again: Unless outside circumstances intervene (that's a horror story for another day), the events and characters involved will progress in your mind smoothly, without violating any local laws of physics or logic. Depending on your level of immersion, the plot-line can change and evolve. And yet, at no point will the fabric of your dream "tear", unless you suddenly wake up. Almost like it was all "fine-tuned"...

I suppose one could claim that a single mind being responsible for the universe is God by default. Okay then.

Personally, I don't view the laws of physics as fine-tuned to us. More like we're fine-tuned to them; of course we are, otherwise we wouldn't be here. All "fine-tuning" is retrospective: that is, once a person becomes self-aware, they understand (or at least have the chance to) the myriad events that had to happen in just the right way for their specific personality to be created. Mind-blowing, but not suspect.

www.kravmagafederation.com