Yeah that little ditty is on the inside cover of his little guide books. I agree with most of the statement IF:
The idea that he is conveying is that nature is not overtly hostile or friendly, those being human traits. Nature can be managed if we can hold our emotions in check - not panic, and if we have the knowledge and abilities to live and understand our natural surroundings.

The last part about nature being incapable of doing harm, I have to seriously disagree with. Even if we are quite capable of living in the northern bush country there are always events out of our control, for example a tornado, that can end your life pretty darn quickly or at least put you in a precarious situation.

I read that his ditty is mostly about the psychology of living in bush country or in any natural setting for that matter. He tried to explain it in a similar fashion when I was on his course last year. I just didn't buy into the very last statement of his credo. As a statement it can be useful in allaying the fears and trepidations of his students to understanding northern bush country.