Okay,
On another forum I wrote a book about the previous French toasting and lockdown here, but didn't mention ETS by name. I did say that we learn a lot about ourselves by other people's jokes about us, and also explained how other countries see us in the U.S. as reckless, arrogant, cowboys. Thus, I am glad that JustinTime posted his U.S. wars joke. It's a political joke, and not a religous swipe, or talkin trash about my momma. I can read it and maybe laugh a little about my heritage, maybe feel a little defensive, and maybe learn something in the process. I too felt that we can discuss the minutia of the Suiss card here ad nauseum, but the actual title of Around the Campfire as " A place for Chit Chat about life or subjects of interest other than Survival or Emergency Preparedness" was a misnomer. I have to tell everyone here that I am easily offended by those who are easily offended, and I'm sick of all the dang Politically Correct sacred cows in the world. I've heard it said that one measure of a man's maturity is his ability to laugh at himself. If anyone wants to send me PMs with Redneck bashing, anti-American jokes go ahead, I'm self secure enough to handle it without whining. BTW, the Embassy of France lists total French military deaths for WWI and WWII as 1,385,000. I'd hardly call them a nation of cowards, maybe just one with a good memory for the pain and suffering of war. Regards, Keys (Bubba) Bear

Edited by KeysBear (03/21/03 04:25 AM)