Angel, you really do have some great information here- I'm curious of a few other things, however.

Why is it exactly that you bring salt? You mentioned a "craving" for it, but was that all it was? Or was your body getting low in salt, and couldn't derive it from your surroundings(taking the blood from a kill, mixing with water and boiling maybe?)

Staying out of creeks late in the day is an excellent suggestion, makes a lot of sense. Now I will be wearing desert tan army combat boots.... Should I remove them before crossing water, to avoid soaking them and marinating my feet within? or is it really not so big of an issue?

Eyes on animal trails before I set up camp- Great idea, also could make for strategic placement from which to hunt or trap...

Eating early is a fantastic idea too, these "raiders" of the bear world(black bears) could pose a problem if they smell food- Thanks, that one is something to keep in mind......

Stuff fish with wild onions? Please do explain that one... Could I possibly preserve fish for awhile longer by doing this?

Plants, plants, plants! There's also wild blackberries this time of year, poke salad(poisonous until boiled, and NOT the berries, I know...), pine trees contain nutrients in many fashions, and a few more... Any other plant-food suggestions off the top of your head, that apply to the Blue Ridge Regions?

Thanks Angel, keep it coming!