I own both Glock 17 (9mm full size model) and Glock 22 (40 Cal full size model).

I have owned in the past the Glock 19 (9mm mid size model) and Glock 26 (9mm compact model).

I am issued, for work, a Glock 22C (40 Cal full size model that has a compensated barrel).

If I had one model Glock, it would be the Glock 17 full size 9mm.

It is easy to shoot.
Ammo is readily available.
High capacity magazines are readily available.
I would put Meprolight 3 dot green night sights on it.
I would buy extra parts for it.
I would invest one hundred dollars in attending a Glock Armorer's course. I did and can replace any part on my pistols in minutes. It is that easy of a weapon to maintain.
I would invest in quality training in how to use the pistol.
Ideally I would have two of them.

I am big on one type of defensive pistol as it makes training and support equipment (holsters, mag pouches, belts) easier.

I have fired tens of thousand of rounds, both 9mm and 40 Cal out of Glock pistols. I have carried one for over ten years.

I have had one trigger return spring break on me on a Glock 17. That pistol had approximatley 12,000 rounds through it when that little spring broke. The pistol still worked, all I had to do was push the trigger forward for it to reset and to be fired again.

I carry a Glock anytime I am away from my home.

To me, it is the very best defensive pistol in the world. It is utterly reliable. It is more acurate than I ever will be.

You may have talked me into buying two more! ha

Watch six.

CP