Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#134364 - 06/01/08 10:23 AM Re: I've Been Accepted in the Citizens Fire Academ [Re: climberslacker]
wildman800 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: La-USA
Can you say, "Boot Camp" for basic team firefighters? That's why I said that JeanetteIsabelle will learn far more than just the basic firefighting skills. This will be an experience in which you learn a great deal about yourself. The secret is not to give up.

#134371 - 06/01/08 12:28 PM Re: I've Been Accepted in the Citizens Fire Academ [Re: climberslacker]
Jeanette_Isabelle Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Nacogdoches, Texas
Originally Posted By: climberslacker
For those of us who don't know(read: Me) can you please explain what this class is about?

The link I gave you should answer all of your questions. More specifically, here is the Course Overview.

Jeanette Isabelle

#134376 - 06/01/08 12:57 PM Re: I've Been Accepted in the Citizens Fire Academ [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
"...students are encouraged to participate in any portion of the test they feel comfortable with..."

If you are serious about this, I would suggest that you try everything! You might have to attempt if for real some day...

#134382 - 06/01/08 01:14 PM Re: I've Been Accepted in the Citizens Fire Academ [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: OldBaldGuy
If you are serious about this, I would suggest that you try everything! You might have to attempt if for real some day...

Thanks for the tip. I will.

Jeanette Isabelle

#134453 - 06/02/08 12:50 AM Re: I've Been Accepted in the Citizens Fire Academ [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Blast Offline
INTERCEPTOR
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: TX
Very cool Jeanette! I didn't know such a program existed. Hmm, you think one of the many firemen I've encountered would have said something about it to me...

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.

#134458 - 06/02/08 02:21 AM Re: I've Been Accepted in the Citizens Fire Academ [Re: Blast]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
They were probably too busy bandaging you grin grin grin

#134465 - 06/02/08 02:43 AM Re: I've Been Accepted in the Citizens Fire Academ [Re: OldBaldGuy]
climberslacker Offline
Youth of the Nation
Addict

^^^^^^ bandaging you while trying to get the cat out of the tree that attacked you!

though i seek perfection, i wear my scars with pride

Have you seen the arrow?

#134510 - 06/02/08 03:02 PM Re: I've Been Accepted in the Citizens Fire Academ [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
paramedicpete Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Frederick, Maryland
Jeanette,

I think you will both enjoy and learn a lot about the Fire/Rescue Service and gain an appreciation for what it takes to be an emergency responder. As OBG has suggested try everything, even those parts of the class where you may be apprehensive, you will learn a lot about yourself and may surprise yourself as what you can do under stressful conditions.

We have a Citizen’s Police Academy, but not a comparable program for the Fire Service, so I will be interested in your experiences and observations.

Don’t worry if your glasses cannot fit under the SCBA mask, it is unlikely you will be able to see anything anyway in the smoky conditions, you will learn to get around by feel.

Take care, have fun and stay safe-
Pete

#137033 - 06/21/08 06:57 PM Re: I've Been Accepted in the Citizens Fire Academ [Re: Jeanette_Isabelle]
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: JeanetteIsabelle
I wonder if there will be any other women in my class. We'll see.

The women actually outnumbered the men.

Jeanette Isabelle

#137036 - 06/21/08 07:28 PM Re: I've Been Accepted in the Citizens Fire Academ [Re: climberslacker]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
"^^^^^^ bandaging you while trying to get the cat out of the tree that attacked you!"

Blast was attacked by a tree, TOO???!!! How fast was it moving?

Sue

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 379 Guests and 59 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
The price of gold
by Jeanette_Isabelle
Yesterday at 12:43 AM
Hurricane/Tropical Depression Francine Cometh
by wildman800
09/11/24 05:58 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
09/01/24 05:57 PM
Best TSA Safe Multitool
by Doug_Ritter
08/31/24 02:57 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.