Here's the dilemma.

A while ago I was approached by a friend and asked if I could volunteer some time to work with the Scouts to do some bush craft/survival training. Of course I agreed, It would be great to help out the next generation of kids and prove to them that you can have fun without a game controller glued to a hand.

I was approached and asked today to teach ALL the lessons for a new group of kids, as well as lead the outdoor training. The two other guys(scout leaders) are great guys, and great instructors, but one is a city cop and the other is a teacher and they have admitted that they have little outdoor skills above the basic stuff. They want me to cover some more advanced techniques to these kids, but still within the realm of what Scouts do.

I have all day on a Saturday to teach classroom stuff, with small exercises thrown in and then two days to do a outdoor exercise with the 12 kids and the other two scout leaders. They are all kind of looking to me to put this thing together. The kids are apparently really happy and excited to learn more than the normal how to roast marshmallows stuff.

Sooooooooooooo. That being said, Any ideas on some stuff I could teach to these guys?

I was thinking of teaching some basic game tracking skills, some basic hunting skills like how to dress game, types of traps and snares, and maybe some rappelling followed by some night navigation and a few other thing I think they may find of interest. Some Archery training If I can get the supplies maybe.

My big concern is that I am used to training Soldier's and not 10 year olds. Some of these lad's are very un-used to being outside. They are very excited though, and I don't want to let them down. Any tips?

I know there are guys here who work with kids a lot

Thanks