Doug is correct Home Depot has never sold Craftsman tools, that name is owned by Sears. Now having said that the same manufacturer may have made Craftsman and Husky. And HD started trading Husky tools for just about any major name brand hand tool just to get you in the store. Personally i would not go for trading a Craftsman (much less a Snap-On) for a husky tool, HD is sourcing more and more of it's tool line offshore, so you would be trading a US made tool for one made in the far east. And i'm not trying to bash far east imports, i own more than one, but US made tools as a rule are of higher quality than ones made in China.

Mark, most of the major tool makers all have reasonable quality tools. My favorite is Snap-On, premium tools, premium prices as well. This is the garage set of tools. In the truck i carry Craftsman, decent tools and much more affordable. And if i am out on the road most cities have a Sears store where i can get a replacement tool, even on the weekends. Now Snap-On is distributed world wide but just try to find a tool truck on a Sunday afternoon. You might want to see if there is brand of tool that is typically carried through the areas you will be travelling and use those, and since i don't exactly travel in your area of the globe i really can't say which brand that would be.

BTW warranties are nice but if you get quality tools and treat them right you will not have to worry about the warranty. I have only broken a few tools through the years that i have used and abused them. And no i have never managed to break a Snap-On even after breaking some one else's tool on the fastener first.