I have often thought that the QuickClot was overkill in my EDC. I think I will put that package in my BOB....
I will add a small tarp/poncho for shelter. I have MANY books and a notebook in the main compartment of the backpack. With a FULL load of 3 books, one notebook, and a 14.1 inch Dell Laptop the bag probably weights close to 40lbs.!!!! I'm a pretty big guy so carrying the pack doesn't really bother me.

The Peak LED Ranier flashlight IS expensive for a how bright it is. It was a gift though... Nevertheless it IS VERY bright for a ~3 inch long flashlight!!! Peak LED flashlights in general are very solidly built flashlights in my opinion. I also have a Surefire L1 that is my main BOB flashlight that is AWESOME!! I would probably take the Surefire over the Peak LED...

Yeah I do have quite a few different methods of fire starting in my EDC because I am aware of how difficult it can be starting a fire in poor conditions...and I want to have multiple options the get the job done. NO I do not carry a handgun YET. Primary because I am not old enough to get a concealed handgun license AND I don't think that AS OF NOW you can carry a handgun on a college campus...(please correct me on this subject if I am wrong).