Very Interesting thread. I hope that what Jeff is saying about the federal response is true, but...

In my area (Dallas - Ft. Worth, Texas) there is a fairly large federal depot that has lots of stuff in it. Generators of every size and shape, from small portable units to semi-trailers. There are also semi trailers with FEMA on them. There are literally hundreds of mobile homes (travel trailers). Also there are dozens of freezer semi-trailers. Basically lots of helpful things. The thing though that has me wondering, and seems to point to some form of potential refuge camp or incarceration facility, is the fence. Over the last few years they have been fortifying it with rail-road rails welded on the bottom and 3-strand barbed wire. The barbed wire points IN as if to contain people, as opposed to OUT to keep people out.

Any thoughts on this?

BTW, in the recent ice-storm and accompaning power outages in Oklahoma, I noticed several semis loaded with generators leaving the site and I assume, going to Oklahoma. They have some NICE generators. I drool everytime I drive past.