The balance is really good and it's comfortable that I feel I could use it for a very long time without fatigue or any issues. The blade is a good size, about one palm width, and I think it's a very good looking knife.

I only have 2 complaints. The leather sheath is merely OK and it's not ambidexterous. I'm trying to source a local who can do kydex to make a neck sheath for it. In the mean time I chopped mine up to make a make shift sheath...which is actually a funny story. I used the knife to cut the sheath and I was able to push cut the thick, well tanned leather so easily I almost turned to a duller knife for fear of slicing through all the layers by accident...narrowing the bevel from factory no doubt helped a great deal with that one.

The other issue is how hard it is to sharpen...which I admit is a little dumb. I'm not sure how the S30V is heat treated because Gerber is usually pretty secretive about that but it's a very hard and/or tough knife. It took me for ever to back bevel it to my liking...there were times when I thought my Sharpmaker would wear down before the bevel did...in the end I didn't even use the sharpmaker to finish the job. I gave up after quite a few hundred passes. The flip side of that, of course, is that so far I've only sharpened it that one time and it's held a fantastic edge since with little more than a couple of very quick hones. I haven't noticed any of the mythical chipping that S30V is supposedly bad for in some knives.

One other thing of note: When I sharpened mine I beveled the tip quite a bit so that it doesn't come to such a pin point anymore. The way the blade is beveled it's on the thin side at the point already so I wanted to prevent the tip from breaking off during use. I don't stab anyhow.