Originally Posted By: Bear_Claw_Chris_Lapp
Originally Posted By: Stretch
the Randall RAT series is owned by Ontario

Not sure where you got that, but the Ontario RAT series was being made under a five year contract from 2002-2007. The logo and designs according to the contract always belonged to Jeff Randall who was using the RAT (Randall's Adventure Training) logo and name since 1997.

I personally have seen 100% proof of that.

This was written by Jeff Randall:

The first thing we want to clear up is RAT Cutlery and Ontario RAT are two different companies. Mike and I design both lines but the RAT Cutlery line is solely owned by Mike and myself. Ontario has nothing to do with RAT Cutlery. We receive royalties from the Ontario RAT line for our design work.

Currently RAT Cutlery makes the RC-3 which is an upgraded model of the older RAT-3. We are also introducing an RC-4 and RC-6 before SHOT show time. All of these can be seen on our web site at www.ratcutlery.com There are also plans for a neck knife, tomahawk and forged hand ax for 2008.

What sets RAT Cutlery apart from the Ontario RAT line? RAT Cutlery is not a high production maker. In fact, you might call us more along the lines of "mid-tech." Rowen Manufacturing builds the RAT Cutlery line for us. Once you handle one of our blades you will see the quality, symmetry and attention to detail that goes into RAT Cutlery.

With all that said, we handle customer service for both RAT Cutlery and Ontario RAT. With RAT Cutlery we have a "no questions asked" warranty. You break it or screw it up - we replace it. Our knives will break if you abuse them enough, we make no claims otherwise, but if you abuse it and break it then we'll send you another one. If you have an issue with an Ontario RAT knife then please come to us on that also and we will do everything in our power to satisfy you.

You will also notice major upgrades to sheathing when you buy a RAT Cutlery product. Mike and I have invested a pile of money in molds and other components to build the most versatile sheathing in the market.

Mike and I both consider most all the production companies and knife makers friends of ours. In fact, we regularly steer users towards the great products made by companies such as KaBar, SOG, Kershaw and many others. We are in competition with NO ONE. We make no claims that our knife is the best at anything. We let our users and customers speak to the quality of the blades and the guys behind them (us).

Lastly, RAT Cutlery is heavily involved in building knives for law enforcement agencies. We specialize in private label and specialized knives. If you have a project, then we will look at it and quote it.