Originally Posted By: Susan

Personally, the idea of living in Florida doesn't do a thing for me. Imagine being bitten by a poisonous snake just before a major hurricane, after N. Korea has bombed all the military bases in the state. All of which happens after the tsunami that hits the state broadside from the east, and just before the Okefenokee becomes an active, erupting volcano spewing live alligators all over the area. I would classify this sort of thing as unsafe.

Sue

I think you make a very good point. If the many prolific poisonous snakes, voracious gators, man-eating sharks, brain-eating amoebas or mosquitoes packing encephalitis and West Nile virus don't get you and ... darling could you get my back with a squirt of that suntan lotion ... did you notice how pretty those birds are coming off the water like that ...

Where was I ... Ah yes ... and if the historically inevitable tsunami fails to show up and you live through the eight months of viciously active and perilous hurricane season you might just get out of here alive to make your way to somewhere safe and civilized like ... honey, could you get me another frosty beer ... thanks ... like maybe Montana.

For God's sake don't even think of coming down here. As you can tel we are perpetually on the edge of oblivion. In the name of all that is holy I advise you to avoid coming anywhere near the murderous hell-hole and constant state of mind-bending anxiety that is Florida.

Honey ... you want to stay here and soak up some more sun or join me on the beach ... we could down to that restaurant on the beach you like ... we better put on tee-shirts and sandals ... they have a strict shirt and shoes rule ... fanatical barbarians.

Susan - I wholeheartedly agree. SW Oregon, or just about anyplace else for that matter, would be better than Florida.

Ready honey? ... Wow ... look at that sunset ... and the warm breeze is nice. It doesn't get much better than this. Have I ever told you how great you look? They say somewhere around here there is a volcano that spouts alligators ... maybe we can ask around after we eat ... they probably charge an entry fee ...