My DR's PSK and AMK FAK have gone through many a building and airport screeening without a problem. In those buildings where I have trusted access but no guards with guns I will carry a small SAK and sometimes a CRKT KISS money clip/knife.(technically that may be a violation but no one seems to mind) In buildings with guards with guns but where I have trusted access (I can skip the detectors)I may carry a small SAK. But to get into buildings where I don't have trusted access and therfore need to go thru the detectors I leave all the sharps home if I take public transport, or in my car if I drive.

My biggest fear is that I may get called to someplace in the middle of day that has detectors and I've got my non-detector day EDC with me. I'm thinking of buying a flat rate USPS Priority Mail envelope to carry with me so I can dump the forbidden stuff in that, drop it in the mail box before I go in the building. Since one of my rules to live by is to always be polite to people with guns and badges I don't try to fight the system.

The worst day is taking public transport to a building with detectors, guards with guns, and not having a knife or multi-tool with me. If an event occurs I'm left toolless. Most of these kinds of placess are 100+ miles from home.