Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#12367 - 01/29/03 12:28 AM Re: Evaluate my Load Out
Eugene Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Mine came with a small plastic holder that hald the adapter and a few bits. I've been trying to find a small softsided zipper case similar in size to a pda case where I can put in some small 1/4" drive sockers (have the hex to square adapter already) I have been looking in every store for a racheting screwdriver that I can cut the rachet part off and add to the tool adapter, would make it a lot nicer when you angle the adapter like a rachet. I'm trying to make it my tool of choice for small stuff, say laptop hinges, if I need to disassemble a radio/cb/whatever, fix a light switch, computers, etc. Mostly small indoor stuff where you have all different type screws and such. This can be my toolkit when a family member says can you install this cd-rom drive for me, things like that.

#12368 - 01/29/03 12:44 AM Re: Evaluate my Load Out
Schwert Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Seattle, Washington
Take a look at ski binding tools, snow board tools or bike tools at REI or Campmor. I have also seen similar tools at the checkout at Home Depot and the like.

I have a small ratchet driver like this one, but smaller. I am not sure if you could remove the ratchet drive for the tool adapter but maybe.

REI tool

#12369 - 01/29/03 01:16 AM Re: Evaluate my Load Out
RayW Offline
Addict

Loc: Orlando, FL
"That deprived me of excuses to buy a couple of other tools . " Don't you have that backwards. Having tools means that there is always justification for one more tool. After you buy one Leatherman you will need the tool adapter, another Leatherman for just in case, a good flashlight (Arc LS) to carry with your Leatherman, you get the idea. But Max you are right about not needing a Leatherman until you have one. For me toting a Leatherman just saves me steps, i don't have to go looking for a screwdriver, pliers, or file when i need one which is often.

#12370 - 01/29/03 05:43 AM Re: Evaluate my Load Out
johnbaker Offline
old hand

Loc: USA
Eugene,

My adapter for my Supertool came in a leather case. My son's adapter for his Wave came in the plastic case. However, you can separately buy from Leatherman either the leather or ballistic nylon case for your adapter.

John

#12371 - 01/29/03 05:46 PM Re: Evaluate my Load Out
M_a_x Offline
Veteran

Loc: Germany
That remark was meant to be a little tongue in cheek. I donīt need to justify buying a tool when I want it. Because of its small bulk and weight (at least compared to a full size tool set) I always have one of my multitools with me. It helped me on occasions where getting other tools was out of question (e. .g. bicycle tours or fishing tours).

#12372 - 01/30/03 01:46 AM Re: Evaluate my Load Out
Eugene Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I'm looking for a case slightly larger than that as I want to add in extra bits. It won't be a belt carry rather something I keep in my laptop bag or whatever else I carry.

#12373 - 01/30/03 01:49 AM Re: Evaluate my Load Out
Eugene Offline
Carpal Tunnel

That looks close, I might have to order one and try. I plan to drelem away all the plastic and either replace the end of the wave adapter or simply weld a small hex top on so it will fit in the adapter as is. I have found a couple that looked like they would work at the checkout lines, but they are usually cheap in price and quality. I'm wanting to find good quality similar to the wave itsself

#12374 - 01/30/03 03:19 AM Re: Evaluate my Load Out
RayW Offline
Addict

Loc: Orlando, FL
No implications were intended Max, i doubt that many people on this board that would need justification to buy a new tool. I know i certainly don't.

#12375 - 02/03/03 09:21 PM Thanks, Everyone
Anonymous
Unregistered

I decided to scrap the Cybertool 34 and get a Wave last week after all the posts and an "assemby required" project that needed bigger pliers than what I had on hand! It's surprisinglty not much larger than the Cybertool- .5" or so- and the liner-locking blades rock. I've also added a bandana to the back left pocket. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 699 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Use of mirror, helicopter pilot notices
by Phaedrus
10/03/24 05:15 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
10/01/24 12:34 AM
The price of gold
by brandtb
09/27/24 07:40 PM
Hurricane/Tropical Depression Francine Cometh
by wildman800
09/11/24 05:58 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.