Jerryfountain - I also use a multi-layered system. When it is cold (but not too cold) I usually dump the outer layers and even the hat and mitts sometimes to prevent from overheating. I will put them on again as soon as I stop. The problem when its -40 deg cel and below is that as soon as you take off any layer you immediately start to freeze. It is very hard to achieve a balance. I find opening all available zippers helps without exposing too much to the freezing wind that cuts strait to the bone. But YMMV. I have tried with the concept of keeping a water bladder under my jacket but it is a REAL pain in the a** so I gave up on that endeavor. Besides, I would hate to think of the state I would be in if it started to leak under my jacket in this kind of cold. You only have to freeze your fingers solid to your Gerber multi-tool once to never make the mistake of not wearing liner gloves under your mitts(lol) blush The Army SOP is to tie off the mitts with Para-cord, and run it through your sleeves so your mitts will hang but I have always managed to become hopelessly entangled in something. Now I just leave them loose.

Joaquin39 - My blastmatch is my last resort so to speak, but I practice with it very often to get good at it.(more so in crappy weather) Any fool can light a fire with matches or a lighter. My other items usually include 2 BIC lighters(1 in my mini-PSK and 1 in my pack) 1 package of Mariner matches(excellent) and a spark-lite. I carry a whole bunch of tinder to get a fire going including spark-lite tinder, Coghlan's wax and wetfire. I carry a 15 min road flare for signaling OR getting a fire going FAST in any weather and in the worst case scenario(like after falling through the ice) It is tripple sealed to keep it waterproof so it works should I need it. I also have an MSR bottle full of Naphtha to supplement what I have in my stove so I can light a normal fire using that easily enough.(hopefully without killing myself) eek
I have never used strike anywhere matches in the field. I usually stick to army issue because I get them for free. grin The paper ones that come in the IMPs are pure crap and you usually need to light the whole booklet for them to get a fire going. They come in the IMP I carry for emergency food but I do not count them as part of my fire kit. I carried Coghlan's wind/waterproof and found them to be excellent matches in all weather second only to the Mariner matches that I carry now. I have found in my experience that(quality) matches work well in extreme cold but the wood gets very brittle and prone to snap much easier.(this is A BIG problem if your hands are cold and shaking) and the jab technique may result in the match snapping off (while lit) I hold the match closer to the tip and draw it sideways across the striker and it has worked so far.
If I have a long weekend with Friday off I will camp at my truck Friday night and hunt the next morning(hunting on Sunday is a no-no in a lot of places here)I usually take off a week in the fall for big game season where my true passion for hunting lies. A lot of times it is just for the day. Winter hunting is just an excuse to hit the field during the off season so I don’t fall out of the groove.
I have already posted my BASIC core winter hunting gear on another thread not too long ago. There are other things I routinely add to this list depending on what I am doing but it’s a general outline of what I take in this cold.

Take care