Well yes, I won;t argue that a sharp axe isn;t dangerous. If you look into the barrel of a loaded gun, and pull the trigger..................

You see, there are inherent risks in everything we do and everything we use to do with. The point is not that an axe can;t kill you or de-limb you, rather the point is: like using a gun or driving a car, or using a knife or an axe, you use it with the understanding that there are risks.

So now that we know that axes are dangerous, why would we ever use one? Why, to chop things of course. So we pick up this dangerous tool, since we chose to, and we want it to help us do something. An axe is a cutting and chopping tool, so we want it................ sharp.

If we are afraid of these inherent risks, especially if the tool is sharp, then have we decided we'll make it safer by keeping it dull? (or maybe just a little less-than-sharp which, as I said earlier, is DULL). Or maybe we should just use a saw which is safer than an axe. But then, when sawing with a saw with very sharp teeth.....well, I'm tired of explaining this.

I would pass a law that anyone who uses a cutting tool must endeavor to keep it sharp, or at least endeavor to start out with it sharp. I mean....sharp as in very sharp.

Edited by Stretch (01/28/08 01:39 AM)