The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#121258 - 01/23/08 11:43 PM Little Baggies
MoBOB Offline
Veteran

Loc: here
Found little baggies here: http://www.trendyprincess.com/zipbaggies.htm

Would be good to use for individual medicine doses or something. Could use them to have an EDC/BOB-making fest with the gang. I'm a "everything-in-its-own-packet" kinda guy. I must admit that I am a pigeon-holer....

I love the name of that place..

#121268 - 01/24/08 01:06 AM Re: Little Baggies [Re: ]
NAro Offline
Addict

I find similar little ziplock baggies in the beadwork section of our local hobby store...Hobby Lobby.

When I have to carry small supplies of prescription drugs I ask my pharmacist to print a second label, and I attach that to the baggie. I have not researched the actual laws, but the pharmacist assure me (FWIW) that the law actually refers to the "originally labeled" container...not exactly the container per se. This (second) original label serves the required purpose since it specifies the drug, the patient, the doctor, the pharmacy script #, etc. Clearly I'm legally entitled to be in possession of those drugs.

Again, FWIW, my larger FAK has several drugs so labeled... including morphine sulphate. It has "passed" TSA and police inspection without comment. But the drugs aren't stuffed in a pocket or luggage: they're clearly and obviously part of the meds section of a larger kit.

Certainly I am NOT entitled to dispense these drugs to anyone else. I figure that if I have to do so I'd probably welcome whomever came to arrest me because my party would be having an emergency. Take us to jail... Stop by the hospital.

#121277 - 01/24/08 02:33 AM Re: Little Baggies [Re: NAro]
MoBOB Offline
Veteran

Loc: here
I should have made it clear that the intent of the bags was for any and everything (including meds 'scip and OTC) that would fit in them...wire, string, lint, vaseline cotton balls, blah..blah..blah.

#121280 - 01/24/08 03:06 AM Re: Little Baggies [Re: MoBOB]
Jackpine_Savage Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Minnesota
And if a LEO finds them in your possession they are probable cause to think you are a Meth dealer as this is a favorite way it (and coke and heroine) are sold. Do you really want your car and person searched? This sounds good but is a really bad idea.

#121304 - 01/24/08 12:32 PM Re: Little Baggies [Re: Jackpine_Savage]
AROTC Offline
Addict

Loc: Manhattan
Its only probable cause if they're in plain sight. If you have a pile of baggies full of pills in your front seat you might have a problem. Otherwise, if a police officer sees them, they're probably already searching you. However, I would think if you had little cards in each baggie with drug name, dosage and other assorted information and if you had them in what was clearly a first aid kit, the risk of harassment is pretty low.

#121316 - 01/24/08 01:35 PM Re: Little Baggies [Re: AROTC]
Hacksaw
Unregistered

Go with meds that are labeled well...on the pill. I like ultra strength Tylenol because it says 'Tylenol ultra' on the pill. Same with Advil. Stuff in blister packs are good too though way harder to pack.

I use a waterproof match box to carry meds. I just put them in loose with a cheat sheet that has any important info I might forget (or that somebody else might need if I'm not awake to remember).

#121318 - 01/24/08 01:47 PM Re: Little Baggies [Re: MoBOB]
Dan_McI Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NYC
Originally Posted By: MoBOB
I should have made it clear that the intent of the bags was for any and everything (including meds 'scip and OTC) that would fit in them...wire, string, lint, vaseline cotton balls, blah..blah..blah.

I think I'm in the camp of keeping pills in the labelled containers. However, I like the idea of these bags for a lot of other things, like safety pins, stuff for a fishing kit, a few gauze pads for an EDC, etc., etc.

#121389 - 01/25/08 01:59 AM Re: Little Baggies [Re: Dan_McI]
Raspy Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Centre Hall Pa
One caution. Those bags are not food grade. They may or may not have some contamination that could be detrimental to your health. Small but there is a chance.

But I do use similar baggies to pack many items in various kits.

And always remember TANSTAAFL

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 633 Guests and 46 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav
5368 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Hurricane/Tropical Depression Francine Cometh
by wildman800
09/11/24 05:58 PM
Any shortages where you are?
by adam2
09/01/24 05:57 PM
Best TSA Safe Multitool
by Doug_Ritter
08/31/24 02:57 PM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
08/24/24 11:08 PM
Alaskan attacked by a bear and shot
by Phaedrus
08/23/24 07:43 AM
Woman Lost 4 Days in Colorado Mountains Is Rescued
by dougwalkabout
08/22/24 10:13 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.