Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#120769 - 01/19/08 03:44 AM Personal Survival Kit. Sealed vs Easy Access?
SwampDonkey Offline
Veteran

Loc: Northeastern Ontario, Canada
Hi Folks,

I have an ongoing debate with myself on how to assemble a Wilderness Personal Survival Kit; should it be as compact as possible and tightly sealed to be waterproof or arranged more loosely and not sealed as tight so you can access the items for every day use?

Almost all of the kits I have made have been the compacted, sealed type, the problem with these is that I will proabaly never open them unless it is a real emergency because I know how much effort it took to fit all the items in the container (I do have duplicates I practice with).

I have been thinking of a more loosely packed kit that has my back-up items in it so they are easy to access if needed throughout the day (e.g. spare knife, para-cord, Heatsheet Bivy, sharpening stone, flagging tape, lighter, metal cup, TP, water bag with treatment tabs, ...). I would still have my normal EDC items on my person, these are just readily accessable back-ups or infrequently needed things. The kit would be housed in a bag about the size of a Maxpedition Fatboy or Jumbo S-Versipack.

I may even keep a small sealed Altoids PSK in the bag as a last ditch kit if I had to travel really light and therefore drop the shoulder pack.

So I guess my question for the forum is; how do you assemble your PSK, tightly packed and sealed or loosely packed and accessable?

Thanks,

Mike

#120771 - 01/19/08 03:58 AM Re: Personal Survival Kit. Sealed vs Easy Access? [Re: ]
kilgor Offline

#120773 - 01/19/08 04:14 AM Re: Personal Survival Kit. Sealed vs Easy Access? [Re: SwampDonkey]
Blitz Offline
Gear Junkie
Addict

Loc: MA
Both. It should be sealed i.e. waterproof container, but it should also give you relatively quick and easy access to what you need.

IMO

Blitz.

#120775 - 01/19/08 04:45 AM Re: Personal Survival Kit. Sealed vs Easy Access? [Re: Blitz]
Hacksaw
Unregistered

If sealed it should be resealable. I'm not a big fan of the 'taped tin' seal job. It's only going to seal well so many times. In an ideal world you only need to get into it once but with a dry bag or case (be it metal or plastic) with an o-ring or rubber seal it will seal again and again forever AND provide easy access.

#120776 - 01/19/08 04:46 AM Re: Personal Survival Kit. Sealed vs Easy Access? [Re: Blitz]
MDinana Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Beer&Cheese country
My real PSK is an altoid tin. That being said, on my day pack is a small MOLLE EMT kit. Now, to be honest, it's pretty empty, save a MRE beverage bag and a HeatSheet. But the plan is to gradually make a bigger version of the PSK, that I can transfer between bags as I switch from day hikes to overnights.

Some matches, a mirror, cordage, etc are planned to be there.

I guess most of us are like you; have a true emergency kit, as well as a consolidated "need it" kit, that's not one we use when we're stripped of everything but our clothing. The nice thing about being a MOLLE kit is that theoretically I can tear it off my bag if I decide to ditch it, so I'd really have 2 PSK's.

#120782 - 01/19/08 05:45 AM Re: Personal Survival Kit. Sealed vs Easy Access? [Re: MDinana]
Susan Offline
Geezer

Loc: W. WA
The one time I really needed the contents of my EDC, it was a good thing it wasn't sealed (I gave that up because I was always getting into it), I was scared (bear) and my hands were shaking so bad that I just flipped it open, grabbed the lighter, and dropped everything else on the ground. Left it all there, too.

Allow for the worst conditions and shaking or frozen hands. There's no point in carrying the gear if you can't get to it when you need it. I just shake my head when I read about some people who wrap fifteen feet of duct tape around their kit.

Sue

#120793 - 01/19/08 01:29 PM Re: Personal Survival Kit. Sealed vs Easy Access? [Re: SwampDonkey]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
Uhm.... yes?

The stuff I'm likely to need on a regular (daily or every other day) basis goes on me. Semi-regularly (one a week, or when you really need it you really need it) used items go in my bag of tricks. My PSK is sealed and in the bag of tricks, but I'm using a clear container for it so I can see the compass; it only gets opened for inspection (giving the preparedness sermon counts as inspection, right?) or emergencies.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#120795 - 01/19/08 01:32 PM Re: Personal Survival Kit. Sealed vs Easy Access? [Re: Susan]
ironraven Offline
Cranky Geek
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Vermont
*grins* That is why something scary-ish should be EDC, not in the PSK.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.

#120799 - 01/19/08 02:13 PM Re: Personal Survival Kit. Sealed vs Easy Access? [Re: SwampDonkey]
OldBaldGuy Offline
Geezer

Loc: Former AFB in CA, recouping fr...
"...Wilderness Personal Survival Kit..." and "...access the items for every day use..." do not compute, at least to me. Unless you are surviving in the wilderness every day, you should not need to access the stuff. If you dig into it every day, come the day you REALLY need it, you may find that you have used it up, mislayed it, or something...

#120800 - 01/19/08 02:40 PM Re: Personal Survival Kit. Sealed vs Easy Access? [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Loc: SOCAL
Using everyday is what EDC stuff is for. The backpack I carry every day would make a great wilderness survival kit, but it's an EDC kit, everything there is available for use all the time. I'm moving away from "kits", little containers of stuff I forget about and going toward EDC user stuff. Situationally, the stuff may change; my EDC backpack has a lot of gear that would go in my pockets in a real situation. I think there's a DR PSP buried in the bottom next to a small FAK.

#120805 - 01/19/08 03:09 PM Re: Personal Survival Kit. Sealed vs Easy Access? [Re: NightHiker]
Nomad Offline
Addict

Loc: Just wandering around.
In the Air Force survival courses I took, they said that there are two ways to deal with our kit. Some keep it pristine so it will be ready when needed. Others use the equipment in their daily life. Both methods have their dis/advantages I subscribe to the "use it" group. I find that getting experience with the actual items allows me to modify, change, gain skill with the stuff.

For instance I found the leatherman to be a useful tool, but I prefer separate tools. I found I needed a screwdriver at the same time I needed the pliers.

Either method works. Depends on the individual.

Nomad

#120809 - 01/19/08 04:18 PM Re: Personal Survival Kit. Sealed vs Easy Access? [Re: Nomad]
SARbound Offline
Addict

Loc: Quebec City, Canada
For me, it's definately easy access.

I use a small coffee can with lid (unsealed) in which I carry survival and utility items. It's my utility can, not a PSK per se.

I open it up and play with it from time to time to make sure that I always know what I have on hand.

Contents of the can is mostly redundancy items (firestarting material, knife, small light) since I usually also take other, full-size items with me such as a larger knife, a large Bic lighter, and so on and so forth.

The can does contain stuff that is not redundant, such as a Heatsheet survival blanket, large orange trash bag, wire, cord, tape, safety pins, a candle, stuff like that.

#120812 - 01/19/08 05:05 PM Re: Personal Survival Kit. Sealed vs Easy Access? [Re: SwampDonkey]
CANOEDOGS Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: MINNESOTA

sealed..see my ditch vest post--the way i look at it,if it's
not sealed then it's just a "possibles bag"..a survival kit
is a "use once" sort of thing..

#120823 - 01/19/08 09:09 PM Re: Personal Survival Kit. Sealed vs Easy Access? [Re: CANOEDOGS]
CSG Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Idaho
What I've been settling on is a total of three small packs, each with a Ritter PSP amongst all the other stuff. I have my standard day pack (Kelty Basalt) which is pretty stuffed with everything but a sleeping bag that I might need for any likely scenario. When hiking, I carry the PSP in my shirt or pants pocket. Also have a smaller slightly less equipped Mountainsmith Day lumbar pack. A second PSP in there. This is the pack that rides in my truck.

Lastly, I finally gave up on my recently assembled belt pouch personal kit as I just wouldn't want to go wandering off with what I was able to carry in it. On the one hand, quite complete but on the other, there were more items I wanted to be able to carry. So I bought a little High Sierra fanny pack which even comes with two 500 ml Lexan bottles. This is the smallest pack I'm comfortable with in the field.

My view is towards redundancy. I have three of Doug's little pocket kits because they are nearly perfectly designed for the average 1-2 day survival situation. However, I have a few more of the Spark-Lights, Tinder-Quik, wire, foil, fishing hooks, safety pins, compasses, etc. along with my assortment of tools, alcohol stove, garbage bags, gloves and hat, raingear, and so on that's regular use stuff. The PSP's are not used as I know how to use all the gear in them and have duplicated it already. I transfer one to my pocket, just in case.

Edited by CSG (01/19/08 09:12 PM)

#120851 - 01/20/08 12:30 AM Re: Personal Survival Kit. Sealed vs Easy Access? [Re: OldBaldGuy]
SwampDonkey Offline
Veteran

Loc: Northeastern Ontario, Canada
This question about Sealed vs Easy Access to your PSK has generated lots of different opinions from many Forum members and that is terrific!

OBG, my situation may be a little unique as I weekly find myself in wilderness locations both at work and in my off-time, just a factor of where I live.

I think for me personally I am leaning toward a layered approach of equipment carry, using both sealed and easy access methods.

- Every Day Carry on person (e.g. multi-tool, folding knife, mini-sharpener, cell phone, lighter, ferro rod, fresnel lens, survival instructions, space pen, notebook, whistle, compass, mini-LED light, chapstick, sunglasses, watch, bandaids). Plus a sealed supplemented DR/AMK PSK on days off or sealed Altoids PSK at work.

- Small Shoulder Bag allowing easy access to items for use in remote locations (e.g. para-cord, metal cup, water, food, Heatsheet Blanket and Bivy, folding saw, fixed blade knife, GPS, larger LED light/headlamp, flagging tape, firestarter, compass, 1st aid kit, duct tape, wire, paper shop towels, etc). Plus a second sealed small PSK within the shoulder bag.

My thought process is this:

I use my EDC items regularly throughout the day so they are readily available in my pockets or on my belt. My on-body small PSK is sealed because I proabally will not use it unless it is an emergency.

My Shoulder Bag Kit will allow me easy access to things I may use in the field regularly and also contain items too large or inapproprate for EDC. I plan that this bag would also have some free space left for items specific for that day (e.g. lunch, extra clothing, fishing/hunting/work gear). Being a believer in redundancy (belt and suspenders kind of guy), a second sealed small PSK would ensure that if for some reason I only ended up with the Bag Kit I would at least have the bare minimum of dry survival equipment and that it would not already have been depleted.

I guess my EDC plus this Shoulder Bag Kit would be what I would have with me if I walked away from my vehicle/camp (e.g. hunting, exploring, snowshoeing) or if I unexpectantly abandoned my vehicle (e.g. dropped snowmobile through ice, sunk boat).

The post that got me thinking about this layered approach was this one http://forums.equipped.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=110913&fpart=1 after I briefly got lost last fall and CANOEDOGS excellent post here http://forums.equipped.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=115815&fpart=1

I am still mulling this concept over so please feel free to add your ideas and opinions or direct this thread to similar posts from the past.

Thanks,

Mike

#120855 - 01/20/08 01:55 AM Re: Personal Survival Kit. Sealed vs Easy Access? [Re: SwampDonkey]
Art_in_FL Offline
Pooh-Bah

I spend the majority of my time in an urban or suburban environment. The more rural is scattered with small woods. When I do get out into the sticks it is with my truck.

In a suburban environment there isn't much need for an extensive PSK. So I just cover the basics. A Leatherman, watch, a tiny LED light, a mini-Bic, a small hank of light line, pencil and pen, wallet with a couple of folded 3by5s and business cards, cell phone, and a bandanna. I dress for the worse so it gives me a lot to work with.

The pieces are scattered in various pockets and the pieces get lightly used regularly.

The truck has a larger kit.

Hiking and camping I carry a more extensive but compact kit in a LBE ammo pouch.

I have been thinking about getting some form of the various 'Survival card' that have bits in a form that fits in a wallet. It might add some redundancy in my EDC. So far I haven't found one I like enough to come off the money.

#120877 - 01/20/08 04:17 PM Re: Personal Survival Kit. Sealed vs Easy Access? [Re: Art_in_FL]
haertig Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Colorado
My Altoids tin PSK for hiking is my emergency kit. For emergencies only. I keep it sealed. There is nothing in there that I don't carry redundantly, usually in a bigger better version. For normal day to day use while hiking I'll pull out my Spyderco or Becker Necker rather than dig into the Altoid tin for the Exacto blade. I would choose the large Swedish firesteel in my pack over the BSA Hotspark in the tin. I would use my regular signal mirror instead of the polished Altoids lid.

But I keep the tin in a zippered pocket of my hiking shorts, so it's always there. I might take off my pack and sit down for lunch, only to tumble down an embankment and break my leg (I hope not though!) That tin is my emergency backup for scenerios like that.

#120947 - 01/21/08 03:17 PM Re: Personal Survival Kit. Sealed vs Easy Access? [Re: OldBaldGuy]
Dan_McI Offline
Old Hand

Loc: NYC
If you do not use the items you have, you may not be comfortable using them when the times comes for you to rely on these items. You need to have the stuff accessible, use parts of it regularly, and be familiar with it. So, to me that means not sealed. My stuff is all zip-locked. I can and do open the bags, and then put my stuff back together.

#120951 - 01/21/08 03:51 PM Re: Personal Survival Kit. Sealed vs Easy Access? [Re: Dan_McI]
Russ Offline
Geezer

There's a story in " "Deep-Survival" that describes an individual who got into a survival situation but hesitated to use his survival kit because it was for emergencies. If it had just been EDC gear he'd have used it, but he hesitated to use his emergency gear. USE YOUR GEAR.

If you want to keep a DR PSP or an Altoids survival kit, do so, but carry other similar gear and use it daily or as often as the need arises. Keep the items topped off. I consider the lower half of my gas tank emergency gear, I refill it at half tank. It keeps my emergency fuel fresh and I know that it will work when I really need it.

#120955 - 01/21/08 04:39 PM Re: Personal Survival Kit. Sealed vs Easy Access? [Re: CANOEDOGS]
Bartman Offline
Stranger

Loc: Illinois

Hi Swampdonkey,

Could you please post a link to your ditch vest post? I would be interested to read it. Thanks....Bart

#120957 - 01/21/08 04:54 PM Re: Personal Survival Kit. Sealed vs Easy Access? [Re: Bartman]
CANOEDOGS Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: MINNESOTA

Bart--use the Search and find "overboard vest" posted 12-13 07
that was my post--sorry i don't know how to do links--

#120959 - 01/21/08 05:02 PM Re: Personal Survival Kit. Sealed vs Easy Access? [Re: CANOEDOGS]
Crowe Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: CANOEDOGS

Bart--use the Search and find "overboard vest" posted 12-13 07
that was my post--sorry i don't know how to do links--

OVERBOARD VEST

There you go.

Re,

C. Rowe

#120975 - 01/21/08 07:53 PM Re: Personal Survival Kit. Sealed vs Easy Access? [Re: Crowe]
Stu Offline
I am not a P.P.o.W.
Old Hand

Loc: Finger Lakes of NY State
My PSK is my Personal Support Kit. I use it if I need it, and make sure I replace/upgrade anything used!

#120976 - 01/21/08 08:09 PM Re: Personal Survival Kit. Sealed vs Easy Access? [Re: Stu]
Hacksaw
Unregistered

This thread has my creative juices flowing and has got me to working on a personal kit that is both easy to access and sealed.

I'm going to build a slightly bigger version of my 'pocket kit' in a GSI 840 waterproof container (I use the 420 for my pocket kit) and then put that into a multipocket belt pouch (I have one from Kuny's not really doing much ATM) that has some additional items like a knife and/or multipliers, a flashlight, pen or pencil, etc...stuff you might want to get at without disturbing the waterproofiness of the kit. It will be larger than pocket size but it will be small enough to be clipped to ones belt or other piece of gear. Fortunately the Kuny's pouch has a belt clip in addition to horizonal and vertical webbing loops.

I'm going to go back to the beginning and think about the big 10 items one should have and see how many of them I can comfortably fit into this package.

You never know when playing around like this results in improving what you've already got.

#121075 - 01/22/08 04:47 PM Re: Personal Survival Kit. Sealed vs Easy Access? [Re: Dan_McI]
BruceZed Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Canada
Use it, you survive because you know how to use and carry at all times the critical items you need to survive. "Sealed" Survival Kits often degrade due to moisture and to not get checked to see what needs replacing. Also many of the most useful items (Survival Knifes etc.) not fit well it a Kit but are basic Critical Survival Items.
boreal.net

#121305 - 01/24/08 12:36 PM Re: Personal Survival Kit. Sealed vs Easy Access? [Re: Russ]
saniterra Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Mebane, NC
I don't what size your PSK is, but with most such kits, some of the items (first aid, lights, matches, tinder, etc.) obviously need to be in a watertight container and some (knife, multitool, fresnel lens, signal mirrors, etc.) do not. You can structure your kit to protect those things needing it in the small Witz containers or smaller otterboxes and carry the containers in a pouch with the other items. That way, things that need sealing are sealed and those that don't are not, but all are accessible without compromising waterproof seal.

#121309 - 01/24/08 01:20 PM Re: Personal Survival Kit. Sealed vs Easy Access? [Re: saniterra]
Russ Offline
Geezer

Watertight doesn't mean sealed for emergencies only. I have a small Pelican case that is plenty watertight but is also an EDC item. If I need something from the box it's available. I keep some of my FAK (4x4's and other flat items) in a vinyl pouch that's also watertight and again, if I need it I open it up, it closes just as easy. I consider that to be easy access.

#210929 - 11/05/10 07:15 PM Re: Personal Survival Kit. Sealed vs Easy Access? [Re: SwampDonkey]
ireckon Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Northern California
Old thread wake up...

I use a combination of sealed and easy access. My most likely survival situation is in the snow when I'm snowboarding or whatever. My neck kit is primarily for fire starting. I'm constantly changing my kit. It has to be loose. Here's a rough idea of it:

#210935 - 11/05/10 11:54 PM Re: Personal Survival Kit. Sealed vs Easy Access? [Re: SwampDonkey]
bacpacjac Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I do both.

LOOSE: I've got a snapped (Easier to open than a zipper or button, but more secure than without a fastener) pocket in my vest that holds a lighter, knife, mini flashlight, some paracord, a disposable rain poncho and a mini 1st aid kit. My keyring has a whistle, light and some paracord. I wear a watch with a digital compass and I always have a mini photon and harmonica around my neck. I've also got a mini-mag, some matches and a birthday candle in the Leatherman case on my belt. A little bit of overkill perhaps but it gives me piece of mind and eliminates frustration with the stuff I use regularly. The stuff that doesn't get used gets rotated and refreshed every six months or so.

SEALED: I've got a PSK in my purse and I carry that everywhere except the bush when I've got my full kit. Then the PSK goes in a cargo pocket.

PSK:
Case Logic mobile phone case + DR PSK + SAK Camper + contents of outside pocket

photobucket

PSK outside pocket:
Fox 40 whistle, keyring light, mini bic

Leatherman PSK: (gets put on belt when i leave the pavement)
Leatherman Wave, Mini Mag, key fob with candle and matches

Edited by bacpacjac (11/06/10 12:02 AM)
Edit Reason: removed a broken link

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA

#210954 - 11/06/10 06:32 PM Re: Personal Survival Kit. Sealed vs Easy Access? [Re: SwampDonkey]
rebwa Offline
Enthusiast

I have both. However, sealed should always be resealable while in the field, especially living in the wet PNW.

I’d picked up one of Doug’s PSK’s shortly after they came out and about a year later when out checking for windstorm damage on fences used the wire to jerry rig rather than walking back to the barn. While I replaced it --it was time consuming finding the exact gauge and then re-rolling it neatly. So shortly after that I decided to pick up another PSK and always leave that one totally intact for an emergency. That was really a good idea as it gave me the opportunity to actually practice with the signal mirror, compass-comparing it with my regular compass and fire making tools when out and about on my small farm and leaving the other kit always totally intact for when I leave the pavement for a hike.

That’s also given me the opportunity to play around with some other containers. What didn’t work for me was trying to stuff too much into a small waterproof hard-sided container as things were going to either get wet or spill out and potentially be lost when opened and especially when trying to dig something out of the bottom. So I keep the original pouch and then usually put that into a larger but still pocket able pouch or waterproof container that is often combined with the shelter or FAK supplies. I’d caution trying to play around with reorganizing Doug’s kit too much as that kit has a whole lot of lifesaving thought put into it. Supplementing it some is fine but I can see the need for most everything else, maybe with the exception of the fishing supplies.

With all my kits, first aid kit included, I keep a small light packed near the top so it is easily accessible when the kit is first opened. So yes, there is some redundancy but light is pretty darn important if lost in the woods in the middle of the night and I‘ve always had a theory that FAK‘s should be self-contained. I’d highly recommend either the nano or Doug’s pico over the photons for two reasons-- the photons can get bumped on and the batteries would be a nightmare to change in an emergency situation out in the field, too many little parts that could get lost. The photons are great little key chain lights, however.

Along with having a psk on my person, I also always include additional shelter in my pockets such as the AMK Heatsheet or Bivy and a small FAK. I’ve supplemented Doug’s original kit with 4 Katadyn water purification tabs, a one quart freezer zip lock bag, a small Steamlight nano light and a few BCB lifeboat matches with striker. While I don’t yet have a small knife in that kit, I always carry a knife, leatherman, good flashlight, bandannas, a couple of bic lighters, whistle, and cell in my pockets.

In the summer I almost live in the Filson Tin Cruiser vest which has ample large pockets. And I just don’t buy winter outerwear unless they have has sufficient pockets that will accommodate my various kits. And sometimes that takes some shopping as clothing made for women are notorious for scrimping on quality large secure pockets.

The main thing is if you’re going to get into your emergency kits -- then you had better promptly replace the items used or damaged. I’m lucky that I have several outdoor stores in my immediate area that carry replacement supplies for both PSK and FAK. So if your back is hurting and you use the aspirin then promptly replace them. Most people don’t and that becomes the problem. I find myself getting into the FAK’s for aspirin or a band aid but not the PSK so much, as my regular gear is used rather than the PSK.

Edited by rebwa (11/06/10 06:36 PM)

#210957 - 11/06/10 08:01 PM Re: Personal Survival Kit. Sealed vs Easy Access? [Re: SwampDonkey]
sybert777 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: 62208
rebwa, you can easilky contact AMK and get some replacement wire, they don't replace reusable stuff, like the mirror unless scratched, but they will replace the wire.

#210961 - 11/06/10 09:10 PM Re: Personal Survival Kit. Sealed vs Easy Access? [Re: SwampDonkey]
Erik_B Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Somewhere in my own little wor...
easy access. i frequently modify my kits as discovery and finances allow better components, so a sealed container wouldn't make much sense. i do, however, use water-tight containers wherever practical, even if that just means i put the gear in a ziplock bag before putting it in the kit. And i don't use the stuff in my kits for daily tasks; that's what my EDC is for.

Originally Posted By: ironraven
...Shopping appeals to the soul of the hunter-gatherer.

#210971 - 11/07/10 07:22 AM Re: Personal Survival Kit. Sealed vs Easy Access? [Re: ireckon]
MostlyHarmless Offline
Old Hand

Loc: Norway
Thanks for reviving this thread, it has been an interesting read.

I'm all for easy access, for these reasons:

1) I consider all my kits as work in progress. Use and evaluate.

2) I want to be familiar with my kits and their content. This means I have to use them, I can't seal them and put them away. I could if I duplicated all the gear with training kits, but my kits are still evolving, and duplicating every adjustment simply won't happen.

3) I want to use my gear for minor inconveniences, not just emergencies.

4) At home, there is just too much things that needs to be done. It is much better for me to fix my gear out in the field, where I actually have the time to do so, than bring it home.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 539 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
israfaceVity, Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall
5369 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Use of mirror, helicopter pilot notices
by Phaedrus
10/03/24 05:15 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
10/01/24 12:34 AM
The price of gold
by brandtb
09/27/24 07:40 PM
Hurricane/Tropical Depression Francine Cometh
by wildman800
09/11/24 05:58 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.