Quote:
That makes you one of the lucky ones. But just because you are lucky, doesn't mean everyone is lucky.

Thinking about it, I'd have to say I'm NOT lucky, I just learned to make good decisions. My dad taught me to save 10% of every paycheck no matter how sick the family is of eating rice. Both parents taught me it is better to buy stuff that make you money (seeds, land, stocks) than "toys". They taught me how to love my wife even when it's hard. Math class taught me the power of compound interest. The town I grew up in taught me farming is a hard way of life. The class bullies taught me how to stand up for myself. Being dirt poor I learned if I wanted something I had to make it, fix it or work my ass off to buy it. No one was going to hand me it for free. I learned to plan ahead, live within my means, and decide what is really important. I learned my decisions have consequences. If I don't want a bad result I need to make a good choice.

Some may say I was lucky to have parents like mine. I disagree with that premise. Every child is told these things in school, in cartoons, in stories, etc... The question is do they listen and act on it or do they decide to take the easy path even though it heads downhill. For 98% of people in the civilized world choose the life they live. A few good people are fated to have bad luck, a few are fated to have good luck. For the rest of us it's not luck it's choices. Heck, if it were just up to luck how do you explain all those lottery winners that have crashed and burned a year later?

It's not about luck, it's about choices.

-Blast

Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.