Oh .. MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL!!!!!!!

Go to http://www.shieldzone.com NOW and order an InvisibleShield screen protector for your eTrex - $12.95 + shipping. Order it now so you can put it on right away. The one I got saved my GPS's display from a large gash. Over time the gash seems to have self-healed and faded. People on groundspeak.com told me it would. Lifetime guarantee - they'll replace it is ever scratched.

These are fantastic protectors and amazingly easy to place on your GPS display. I've used Palm PDAs for 10+ years and used all sorts of display protectors, and the InvisibleShield is the best I've ever used. Just wash your hands, clean the GPS display (w/ Windex), peel the backing off the protector, spray the protector and GPS display with the provided spray stuff, apply the protector sticky side down, position it, squeegee bubbles out - if any, wipe dry w/ paper towel, and let set for 24 hours.

Just this morning I put one on the Geko 301 GPS that I got my son for Christmas. The protector went on without a single bubble.