You'll like it A LOT! Great GPS

You WILL find yourself using it for vehicle routing - it is so good at it that I know you will. So ... I'd suggest you invest in the MapSource City Navigator NT North America. I actually got the one on the memory card so I have ALL north american maps in one card - very easy.

From a survival standpoint the on-board maps have an important utility. If you find yourself lost or stuck somewhere then the maps will tell you where the nearest features are, such as fuel, hospitals, hotels, cities, etc. Last winter we had a fellow adult Scout leader get sick on a campout. We used my 60CSx to find the nearest hotel for his lodge, the nearest drug store to get medication, and the nearest hospital just in case. It provided phone numbers to each of these so we could call ahead.

Also get a 12V cord to power it in your vehicle. I have a RAM suction cup mount - great mount - that I use for longer trips, but I for shorter trips I just put my 60CSx in the cupholder on shorter trips and pick it up when unsure of an upcoming turn.

Last, you'll want a cord to connect your PGS to a PC. I'll also strongly recommend you look at EasyGPS.com and its bigger brothers ExpertGPS.com and GeoBuddy.com (the latter two provide on-line topo maps and arial photos of the US - GeoBuddy is geared toward geocachers). EasyGPS provides a simple tool for down/up-loading waypoints/routes/tracks to your PC. EasyGPS is free. ExpertGPS cost $60 (I think VERY worthwhile for the online topo maps). Geobuddy is on holiday sale for $45 - same features as ExpertGPS plus some - great deal!