Quote:
I don't know about men's Armani suits, but I would (and probably have) wash practically anything else made from wood: blankets, socks, casual wear, sweaters, etc.

In my case it would be more like "Salvation Armani" suits but anyhow, would you hand wash Filson's or other whipcord wool pants?

Here is the method recommended at CustomWoolenMills:

Quote:

Wash Instructions
  • Fill your machine with warm water and soap. Agitate the water to dissolve the soap.
  • Stop the machine and add your wool.
  • Plunge gently up and down by hand to clean.
  • Let soak for a 15 minutes.
  • Set machine to spin and turn it on, allowing the machine to spin out the soapy water.
  • Fill your machine again with warm water to rinse.
  • Stop the machine (do not allow it to agitate the wool).
  • Add fabric softener.
  • Plunge gently up and down by hand to rinse.
  • Let soak for 15 minutes.
  • Set machine to spin and turn it on, allowing the machine to spin out the rinse water.
  • Hang to dry: comforters, sleeping bags, mattress pads, socks, mitts or hats. Lay flat to dry: sweaters.

Just remember... DO NOT agitate the wool!

So is it warm water of cold water?

There is also a "green" alternative to dry cleaning called "wet cleaning" that uses computer controlled washing machines. I don't know if I can find one here. And would they apply a moth proofing stuff anyway?

BTW, is it possible that this thread has been moved to Around the Campfire, I'm not sure but to my mind I have posted this thread in the Survival forum, but it's all right though.

Thanks
Frankie