I'm in Broken Arrow. grin I hope you're doing well!

We were without power for about 55 hours but we still have a LOT of friends that have been without power since early Sunday morning. Big pieces of the whole Tulsa metro area are still without power.

We used flashlights, small electric lanterns and candles for light. I prefer to keep a low profile so one of Honda's small Super Quiet gen's kept the frig on line and a couple of small electric heaters running. We have a gas cook-top, gas hot water heater and gas log fireplace so that helped with heat as well. The DW was surprised how much heat a stock pot full of boiling water puts off.

The local meteorologists gave us plenty of warning. I'm constantly amazed at how many people don't do the simple things like topping off gas tanks and stocking up on simple things like batteries.

Edited to add:
Thank God for a closet full of board games, art supplies, etc. The kids and I also found out that BB guns and icicles are good for HOURS of entertainment!