Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#115792 - 12/13/07 02:56 PM Re: home defense [Re: hiker1]
Taurus Offline
Addict

Loc: Northern Canada
Originally Posted By: hiker1
"
He dropped the steel rod in his hand, jumped back, screamed and ran like a rabbit.

(LOL)
I hope if I ever encounter the same situation at my home they do the same as this guy and run away. If not, then I hope I am prepared. A person who lives not far from us happened upon someone in her garage after arriving home from work early. she was standing between him and the only way out of the place. In a panic, the elderly woman grabbed for her cell phone and tried to make a 911 call. Realising this, he made a run and shoved her as hard as he could into the door frame, hit her a few times and then took her phone before running away. She suffered a few injuries, but is fine. Things could have gone a lot worst for her though. I hate to think about what would have happened if he had decided not to run.

#115955 - 12/15/07 01:10 AM Re: home defense [Re: Taurus]
TQS Offline

Loc: Humboldt County, CA
I hear many people saying that they would just hope the would-be intruder would just think it too difficult to get in, and decide to go away. That is nice that you would rather not shoot an intruder, but does his choice not to rape your wife because he's having a hard time getting in mean he will rape somebody else's? I am designing my house with an open entrance hall to the front door, so that I can trap any would-be intruder with a portcullis at the open entrance to the hall, then call 911 while he begs to be let go. Get 'em off the streets! Trap 'em or let 'em gain entry and shoot 'em! Everybody should be allowed to kill a home intruder without fear of arrest.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, chaosmagnet, cliff 
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 632 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
israfaceVity, Explorer9, GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall
5369 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Use of mirror, helicopter pilot notices
by Phaedrus
10/03/24 05:15 AM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Jeanette_Isabelle
10/01/24 12:34 AM
The price of gold
by brandtb
09/27/24 07:40 PM
Hurricane/Tropical Depression Francine Cometh
by wildman800
09/11/24 05:58 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.