Well it doesn't say 'made in' but it does say USA on the blade. I know Buck makes cheap made in china knives...I own one (and it IS cheap) but I'm not sure this is one of them. According to the Buck site there's 2 version of the 119 but the only difference is one has a brass butt and cocobolo handles...and it retails for over $100 US.

Knife prices in Canada are just screwed up...like so many other things right now (books for example)

I paid just over $30 for my Gerber Big Rock Camp Knife in the US. Here I've seen it as high as $70. Even with our dollar being so strong the cheapest I've seen it is about $48 and that's only very recently.

Same goes for my Gerber Freeman S30V Hunter. It's a Cabela's exclusive and I paid about the same as I would here for the Freeman Hunter that's just normal Gerber Stainless.

I paid $99 for my Gerber LMF II (again in the US) and here the cheapest I've seen it is $180!!!

There's actually some interesting reading on that knifezone website about why knives aren't cheaper in Canada even though our dollar is worth more than the US dollar. Not sure how true it is but it's interesting.