Originally Posted By: Taurus
My wife owns the SUV and she won’t let me get my hands on it (LOL!!) If in a bad situation I would rather my truck over a SUV any day of the week though. The fuel economy of the truck is worst but it sure offers greater flexibility in more situations. For a bit more gas I get all the power of a HEMI, my quad cab has almost all the passenger room of the SUV and I have far more cargo space in the truck, plus the ability for better off road performance and to tow a very large camper or trailer. (I would need to have an entire gas station on hand for this though)

That depends on the SUV. I've got a diesel Suburban which is basically an SUV on a 2500 truck platform. For bugging out I prefer it over a pickup truck. Pretty much the same amount of storage space in the back (and I can always put more stuff up on the roof), plenty of passenger room (holds 8 passengers), plus you can jump over the seats to get to your stuff in the back (whereas, with a truck you have to get out). Also, the back is carpeted and climate controlled, so you an sleep back there in a pinch. Off-road it's the same as a similar truck and it tows 10,000lbs (which is the same as a Hemi equipped 2500 Quad cab) plus it gets a lot better mileage doing it thanks to the diesel.

Each has their positives and negatives. A small SUV is going to have some advantages to a large truck and vice-versa. That's why I have quite a few different vehicles. A diesel suburban, a gas V8 GMC Envoy, a lifted Chevy K5 Blazer, two 3500 dumptrucks, a diesel E350 van, ect. Each one works best in certain situations, if one vehicle was perfect for every situation....everyone would own one.

Luckily, my garage is packed with lots of fun toys to choose from. grin