LED: You're right. There is a toothbrush that will last for years, but once it is done I'll be chewing on soft sticks (and removing splinters smile The dental floss doesn't shred so it can be reused (after boiling) there is enough in the pack to last 3 years even without reuse. If I did run out I have already discovered that sinew makes a darn good substitute. I have a few caches with extra brushes and ..CRAP I didn't put floss in them. GRRRRR Oversite detected! I'll have to add that to the next ones. No way I'm digging them up! Tooth surgery will be limited to wiggling it back and forth until it can be removed.

CityBoyGoneCountry: I do have some canned non-hybrid seeds that will grow in this area. This issue I forsee is that the soil and growing season isn't great, crops are possible to hide, but if we're nomadic anyway for protection we will not be able to rely on the crops. I'll consider that one. A stock of seeds might provide options, especially if they don't need human help to continue. (Cringes imagining a new invasive species....at least it would be edible for humans)

Good ideas guys!

-NIM