We have two kids now so I took some of my tools and bought some lumber and built a nice big dresser/changing table. I made the drawers as big as possible to get the most space.
I used to fix up old computers and give them away then so many people expected me to drive out to their homes and fix them or call you and have you walk them through how to do something. I finally took all the old stuff and ebay'ed like items together and gave away the rest. Now we have our laptops and another old one I picked up for my son and am looking for another one or two to start fixing up for my daughter and maybe a spare.
I bought one of those soft sided tool bags and put one or two of just about every part I had in it for a repair kit.
Any old Dell Latitude parts you have laying around I'll take to help you clear up space smile Doesn't matter how old since we run Linux wedon't need the multi G of ram needed to make windows run.

Ohh, saw mention of freecycle. Its run on Yahoo servers so don't put any more information than necessary, yahoo is very bad when it comes to selling information and privacy invasion, very very bad.