There are several booklets on dutch oven cooking, all worthwhile to acquire. They are called dutch ovens because of the german market in America among the Pensylvania Dutch, and were first cast for that market in England. The coal catching lip and three legs are a design improvement by our own Paul Revere. Sizes range from a small 8" up to 16' ( 16" cook differently and are truly the realm of professionals anyway.) The most usefull size being a 14" that can cook full meals or side dishes with reduced quantities. You will need a 'Gonch Hook' to move the ovens, a wisk broom to clean off ashes and a set of tongs to pile your coals. Forget about the iron hanging sets. They are not needed and just complicate things. I use old aluminum trash can lids to control my base embers and if showing off have stacked ovens 4 high on each other. After the Northridge earthquake I arrived at my Grandmother's damaged home with the Coleman 2 burner, enameled camp coffeepot, enamel tub and 4 ovens. Most of the nieghbors were people she knew since everyone arrived in Model Ts in the 20s. The power of course was off everywhere. Within minutes these ladies had hot coffee brewed,beans in the tub and two cobblers, stew and cornbread cooking.I was getting yelled at to bring more firewood for coal making and stay out of the way. Most of the vegetables and fruit had been canned from their own backyards. that was a bitterseat meal, most of those people are passed on, the nieghborhood declared 'run down' by speculators who now have multiple occupancy units in place of the backyard gardens and orchards.