Years ago in another job, I had someone I didn't know very well borrow a knife to open a big shipping carton at work...sounds simple enough right?

Well, they sliced open the palm of their hand, not while using the knife on the box, but rather, trying to close it. The concept of a locking blade was too much for them apparently. They just thought it was "stuck", so they kept trying harder and harder to force it closed until the back of the knife slipped and the point created a bloody mess on the carpet. I actually ended up being the one who bandaged the guy up! Everyone else was just standing there watching him bleed and scream.

I was told the next day by the site manager that they don't allow "weapons" at work, and that I shouldn't bring it back. He was going to have to file an accident report with OSHA or something, and wasn't happy. I think he knew that the other bozo was the problem, but, it was easier to take it out on me, than acknowledge that he had someone working for him that couldn't close a knife safely...

- Ron