Once a friend and I were riding home late at night on my 250cc Honda enduro, which is a little bike that isn't made for two large adult males. We were drunk and laughing our arses off "getting home", and suddenly a carful of Yakuza wannabee japanese kids were coming up on us and honking wildly and passing and cutting us off because my poor little bike was having a hard time getting up the steep hill we were climbing. They were yelling incomprehensible utterances at us to get off the road or something and my friend responded in kind. This angered them immensely. Midway up the hill, in the left turn lane at the stoplight, with their car in front of us on my bike, my friend, drunk as hell and not one to look past a yelling match continued exchanging shouts with the gangsters.
Well, it took about 5 seconds before they jumped out, there were at least three of them, and they were all small guys, but they removed baseball bats and such from the trunk of their car and stood in the ready to kill posture and were silent. My friend still didn't back down with his verbal assault, and I'm thinking that it is only a matter of time (seconds actually) before a gun is produced or one of them calls my friend's bluff and cracks his drunken skull, so I'm thinking, "if you don't quit taunting them we're about to be murdered." I'm trying to shut him up and its not working, so I go to who I sense to be the "leader". He was the largest (not by much though) and was not armed with a handweapon, so I assumed he had "the gun", and I thought I'd better try to "make friends". It became obvious that these guys were actually from Japan, as he didn't speak English, and was overjoyed when I handed him a Coke I had in my jacket pocket. I apologized for my friend's drunken behavior, and the situation quickly dissolved with them getting back in their car and driving away, and us continuing "getting home" all the while arguing loudly over the wind in our faces whether or not we were in any real danger. My friend sure can be an arse sometimes.
As luck would have it, not 100 yards down the road, we got pulled over by a policecar, but that is an entirely different, albeit just as interesting, story.

Edited by TQS (11/19/07 11:52 AM)