Now that is just a loaded question.

When you say things like "would Americans do" something, remember, we are about the least homogeneous country in world in terms of culture and terrain with significant population density. Yes, there are larger countries- Canada is bigger than CONUS, but most of Canada is settled like Alaska is, the population is actually a more concentrated in urban areas. That is like asking "would Europeans" or "would Africans" or "would Asians".

But I find your claim that are popular in Canada interesting, as I see an awful lot of Canadian plates on cars around here and I've never actually seen one of these things outside of a museum or being flatbedded to or from a car show. And I think comparing it to the smallest and some of the largest vehicles sold in America is sketchy at best- bad editing. What it doesn't do is hold Mom, Dad and 2.3 kids. Geez, it doesn't look like it has enough room in the trunk for normal equipment OR a full week of groceries, much less both at the same time.

Personally, I wouldn't buy one- I don't physically fit in a Mini and this is smaller (and it isn't a gutroom issue, it is a leg and headroom issue- I refuse to stick my head out the window like a dog). If it wasn't for the hill her workplace is on, my mother might be interested when there has been enough global warming that ice and snow are no longer a problem.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.